2 door vs 4 door - no ragrets?

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Since my bronco is in failed ford rollout limbo, I still have the option to change up the configuration. Right now I have the 4 door spec’d out, but the more I watch videos the 2 door broncos just look so much better. Plus, my other two vehicles are a full size truck and an expedition, so this won’t be primarily a family hauler, just a fun third vehicle.

Pros to the 4 door for me are bigger fuel tank (21 gal vs 16 gal), more utility for hauling whatever, and maybe easier resale?

Pros to the 2 door are it just looks right, and having a smaller vehicle option for city driving. I love my big vehicles, but they can be a hassle in congested parking lots.

Anyone sprung for a two door off roader and regretted it?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Since my bronco is in failed ford rollout limbo, I still have the option to change up the configuration. Right now I have the 4 door spec’d out, but the more I watch videos the 2 door broncos just look so much better. Plus, my other two vehicles are a full size truck and an expedition, so this won’t be primarily a family hauler, just a fun third vehicle.

Pros to the 4 door for me are bigger fuel tank (21 gal vs 16 gal), more utility for hauling whatever, and maybe easier resale?

Pros to the 2 door are it just looks right, and having a smaller vehicle option for city driving. I love my big vehicles, but they can be a hassle in congested parking lots.

Anyone sprung for a two door off roader and regretted it?
I love my 2 door Wrangler. I had a 4 door and it just felt huge to me. The back seat has rarely been in mine, so I built a platform to store gear under and strap a cooler and more gear on top of it. The storage under the platform gives me a locked and secure place to keep things when the top is off. If you need to keep the backseat in for kids, your storage will be pretty limited, especially if you plan any overnight trips.

That's really the biggest con against a 2 door. I definitely prefer the looks of the Bronco 2 door over the 4. Both Jeep and Bronco 4 doors just seem like soccer mom vehicles to me.

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
My thoughts, I drive a 2 door VW for a commuter, the only time 4 doors is an issue is when I have kids wanting to get in and out or get my daughter's cello in and out. Kids seem to get in and out just fine with 2 doors, helps them realize the world isn't always 4 doors. ;)If you're not hauling an additional 3 people all the time I don't think the 2 door would be an issue. I think there is only seating for 4 in the 2 door vs seating for 5 in the 4 door. I'm not sure if that is a concern or not. I'm not sure why they don't have the same rear seat. Price also goes up $3500 for the 4 door.