2004 Lexus GX 470

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Any interest in this? Looking for $10,500. My wife is suddenly not a fan of this car.

Attachments

• Lexus1.jpg
    Lexus1.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Lexus2.jpg
    Lexus2.jpg
    644.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Lexus3.jpg
    Lexus3.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Good luck with the sale. Mine is growing on me. Someone should pick this up! They make a descent off-road rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's decided on a 2005 or newer Xterra. Not my first choice but it's her car so I'm just keeping my mouth shut. The Lexus is a LOT better rig IMHO.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
She's decided on a 2005 or newer Xterra. Not my first choice but it's her car so I'm just keeping my mouth shut. The Lexus is a LOT better rig IMHO.

With the right suspension, these are really fun rigs. I've put over 1000 miles on mine the last 2 weeks and have really enjoyed it. Someone should pick this up and throw a lift on it. I'll even help with the install!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rholbrook

I have learned that instead of telling your wife how you really feel, you simply answer their question with another question. Dave, you should have said this to Cindy. Are you sure that this is the table you really like? Shouldn't we go look ......?

When end your wife asks you if the pants she has on makes her ass look big, never answer that her ass makes her ass look big

mbryson

Supporting Member
After browsing the Xterra forums and such, I'm a little concerned about timing chain issues, fuel pump/gauge issues and the known coolant/ATF mixing in the radiator. Any actual local knowledge of the 2005 and newer XTerra?

I have learned that instead of telling your wife how you really feel, you simply answer their question with another question. Dave, you should have said this to Cindy. Are you sure that this is the table you really like? Shouldn't we go look ......?

I do do this a lot

Jesser04

I think you just park that GX at a friends house because it's only gonna be days before she wants it back. Glws my wife has a GX 460 and we love it best SUV we've ever owned.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
There are a few newer XTerra owners on expeditionutah.com that seem to know what the goings-on are. They're good dudes.

Good luck with the sale! I REALLY wish I was in a position to buy the GX from you...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'd take the Xterra's 4.0 V6 over the 4.7 V8 for typical city/hwy driving; having driven an '06 Xterra for a few years and the 4.7 V8 in an '02 Sequoia and '98 Land Cruiser to qualify my statement. For ultimate reliability in a fauxverlander™, the 4.7 is the way to go.

I actually really liked my '06 Xterra. Interesting that she is after an older Xterra over the GX though; any specifics as to why?

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'd take the Xterra's 4.0 V6 over the 4.7 V8 for typical city/hwy driving; having driven an '06 Xterra for a few years and the 4.7 V8 in an '02 Sequoia and '98 Land Cruiser to qualify my statement. For ultimate reliability in a fauxverlander™, the 4.7 is the way to go.

I actually really liked my '06 Xterra. Interesting that she is after an older Xterra over the GX though; any specifics as to why?

Don't you dar go TM'ing my buzz!

mbryson

Supporting Member

I hoped youd you'd chime in. I don't know why she's leaning to the XTerra vs the Toyota/Lexus. The build quality is 100% different between the two rigs

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I've got a friend with an 05 xterra. She loves it, but she's had secveral stupid $1600+ repairs even under 60k miles.

sixstringsteve

there was a fuel pump one, some transmission control module thing (if I remember it correctly). She ended up trading in the 05 and getting an 08 or 09. She loves it though.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
You can very easily prevent the 'milkshake of death' issue by swapping some coolant lines around