2010 custom built rock crawler

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
*****SOLD*****

Chassis is 1.5" .120" DOM tubing, with a few feet of ERW in non-critical areas, and some other various sizes for interior/dash parts. Chassis built by Carl (I Lean) and I (no lean.)

Series I Buick 3800 V6 (1993, fuel-injected, naturally aspirated,) with tuning/harness by Jim's Performance.

TF904/909 built by J&G Transmissions with reverse/manual ArtCarr valve body and ArtCarr shifter.

Dana 300 with TeraFlex 32spl HD rear output, Currie twin-stick.

Built/trussed Ford 9"/Dodge Dana 60 hybrid front axle, 35 spl inner shafts, stock 32 spl Dodge outers, Detroit locker, 5.83 gears, dual piston disc brakes, 8-lug.

Built/trussed Ford 9"/GM 14b hybrid rear axle, 35 spl shafts, spool, 5.83 gears, disc brakes, 8-lug.

18"x2" Fox coilover shocks at all 4 corners, dual rate with tenders.

Double-triangulated four link suspension in the rear, 3-link with panhard in front.

Full hydro steering w/ KRC pump, Eaton valve, single ended steering cylinder.

107" wheelbase.

40" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers comp stickies on powdercoated steel beadlocks. 40" Goodyear MT-R spare on matching wheel.

35" Maxxis SCR short-course tires on B.A.D. Wheels internal beadlock wheels. 35" General Grabber short-course spare - no spare wheel.

1350 driveshafts

Warn short-drum 9000# winch with synthetic line, aluminum safety spindle, and aluminum fairlead up front. ATV winch with synthetic line as a front suspension limiter/suck-down.

This buggy will pass tech for the Currie 4x4/4400 class in the Lucas Regional series, and recently passed tech for the Unlimited class at the Old School Rock Crawl. I have the two sets of wheels/tires, two different front bumpers and various guards/nets/panels depending on what you want to set it up for. I run a 4400 number in the Lucas Regional Series - it has not passed Ultra4 tech.

This buggy has been well maintained and taken care of. It has been used for what it was built for, but never abused. The buggy works very well, and has been stone reliable since it was finished in 2010. It is super stable, climbs very well, jumps (and lands) nice and smooth, and is a VERY comfortable ride. Plenty of room for a cooler and bags for two people on a full day of trail-riding. Ample leg and head room for most drivers/riders (I'm just over 6' and I have PLENTY of room inside it.)

It is OHV titled and registered with the state of Utah as a 2010 "specially constructed rock buggy." Complete with VIN number and sticker plate.

$22,500 obo

I would consider part trade for the following:

Nice 4-door truck
Nice, newer car/SUV that gets decent mileage (~20mpg or better)
Small-mid size bumper-pull RV
Motorhome
ATVs
Firearms/ammo
89-98 2wd Dodge diesel truck - must run/drive, but body can be rough.

I will consider other trades as well. What do you have?

Located in West Jordan, Utah.

Call or text.

Bryson
801-949-5326

956209d1373518961-2010-custom-built-rock-crawler-buggy7.jpg

956217d1373518961-2010-custom-built-rock-crawler-buggy6.jpg

956225d1373518961-2010-custom-built-rock-crawler-buggy1.jpg

956233d1373518961-2010-custom-built-rock-crawler-buggy2.jpg

956241d1373518961-2010-custom-built-rock-crawler-buggy3.jpg

Last edited:

Rock Taco

Do you know what it weighs?

Just some info for anyone that might have dreams of running an Ultra 4 event. This car would have to pass tech and compete in one event this year to be able to be grandfathered in for any future event. http://ultra4racing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/2013-rules-v3.0-wlogo.pdf 6.2.5

This is due to tubing size and new regulations starting next year that all cars are supposed to have a 2" chassis.

This is an awesome car!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
well since your selling your car does that mean I can powdercoat my wheels that color now, I wanted them that color for awhile but didnt want to copy you...........

RockChucker

I've got access to a fancy 4 door. It has poison spyder armor and maxxis trepadors. Would you trade straight up for that? After all, you didn't say it had to be big enough to ride in...;) bump for ya!