2014 Proposed OSRC Rules Including UTVs

Craig S

Commando
Hi Teams,

This is a good discussion on tire sizes. There have been some good points from both sides about staying at 37" or moving up to 38s for stock. The stock class is the largest class at OSRC right now and I would not want to make changes that would discourage anyone from competing. It sounds as though 42s are OK for Legend. I would like to hear from some more of the stock guys before changing tire sizes in that class.

Coco

I just dont think a "non legal" F-Toy with link suspension and 40s will be able to compete in the F-Toy class, and I was hoping to stay out of unlimited so I am not the complete non experienced guy going up against the big dogs.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I just dont think a "non legal" F-Toy with link suspension and 40s will be able to compete in the F-Toy class, and I was hoping to stay out of unlimited so I am not the complete non experienced guy going up against the big dogs.

Its the OSRC no such thing as big dogs.... Plus you will be a better driver and learn more just jumping into the mix. Dont go to win just go to learn....... But why does all this matter your front axle is going to break pulling off the trailer with those 40s :D

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
I have never been to this event, but I am thinking about it this year. How much difference is there between the Legends lines, the Pro-Mod, and the Unlimited lines? My rig meets all the requirements for Legends except the fuel tank is not in the stock location. If I could run Legends, I would probably do it, but I'm really not interested in beating my rig up on the Unlimited obstacles if they are way beyond the Legends. What lines do the Pro-Mods run (if there even is a Pro-Mod class?)

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I have never been to this event, but I am thinking about it this year. How much difference is there between the Legends lines, the Pro-Mod, and the Unlimited lines? My rig meets all the requirements for Legends except the fuel tank is not in the stock location. If I could run Legends, I would probably do it, but I'm really not interested in beating my rig up on the Unlimited obstacles if they are way beyond the Legends. What lines do the Pro-Mods run (if there even is a Pro-Mod class?)

First of all I think you could squeeze into the legends class alot of guys last year had to relocate there fuel tanks and they were in legends. The legends lines are fun but still obviously have the potential fro some carnage, If you are in a spot where you think you might damage your rig more than you want to just hit the cone and get out the of the situation. After being up here you will realize you the rules are very relaxed at OSRC and doesnt have the competition "feel" to it if that makes sense

I think for a street/stock class the tire size should stay at 31-37. Guys on 40's may be better drivers but bigger tires make the rocks smaller so there is a mechanical advantage regardless of driver.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Off the tire subject....
What type of body panels are required for the Promod class?
3.3 Body-
Body panels are required. Body panels must closely match the original factory configuration of the vehicle.

I am thinking about jumping to Promod this year, and hoping I don't need to make a lot of changes.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
From what i have understood pro-mod only needs some kind of paneling no specific design or look just covered, mainly for saftey

SE\/EN

I am going to try and make this event. My rig would qualify for the street/stock class. In my opinion I think that in this class tires should be 37inch max. As stated before the line needs to be drawn somewhere and even at a 37 inch tire there is a pretty big range of tire sizes to be run.* A guy having to find some loaner 37s because he is running larger tires is not much different than a guy that runs 33s or 35s trying to find or fit a bigger set of tires cause he dosent feel he can compete with what he has.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I agree with this ^
If I make it down there I think I should be in street stock and I'm running 33's. Running against with 38+ would be pretty crazy. I'd still do it but yeah. I need to get some real info about what class I could compete in.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Dan has taken 2nd and third in stock class with a pretty stock XJ with 33's so I wouldn't worry so much about what tire you have, people are way over thinking this

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
n

Jeff, re read the rules about the fuel system, it just says that if you don't have the tank in the factory location then you do have to have a rollover valve and a fuel line vent shut off. If you have those you can still qualify for legends.

cj5

broken parts
I think we need to leave the stock tire size to 35 or 37 there is quite a advantage with larger tire and disadvantage with more broken parts for stock class vehicles

EB101

I'd like clarification on the door or foot bar requirement for the stockers. I'm still resistant to welding a foot bar in a street rig. I'm wondering if tubular doors or soft doors would pass the door requirement.
-Steve

Craig S

Commando
Hi Teams,

42" tires are the preferred maximum size tires for the Legend Class from what the teams have discussed and the Stock Class will stay the same with a 37" tire size as the maximum.

Thanks,
Craig