2014 Sage Riders National Hare & Hound

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
The date for the race is quickly approaching, 5/3. For this race we are running a 2 loop course for the mini's (about 30 miles total), a 2 loop course for the big bikes (about 105 miles total) and a 1 loop course for the ATV's & UTV"s (about 55 miles). In all we will have 170 miles of independant course since the minis and big bikes share some common course. Needless to say, it takes a lot of people volunteering their time to pull off this event and I would like to extend the invitation out to any of you that are not planning on racing it to come out and give us a hand. The pay is a great meal that is catered the Friday night before the event, a race t-shirt and a lot of satisfaction in being involved in the only national event being held in Utah this year. Some of the duties that we need the most help with are manning road crossings and check points out on the course. I know for my loop alone, I have 11 road crossings, 2 check points and a gas check that will be located at my first check point.

If you are wanting to watch the Las Vegas Supercross......no worries, we will have it on the big screen at my trailer on Saturday night and everyone is welcome to pull up a chair and watch.

Anybody want to help?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I would like to. I have a interest in getting into the racing.. Running a check point or crossing might be a good start.

Cascadia

Undecided
Is this a race that someone like me should race or is it too demanding and it's all pretty much pro riders? If that is the case then I may be willing to help if that weekend is free.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Let me know when you can make a firm commitment and I will get you on the list. The "fun"positions fill first.

Confirmed.

a spot where I could drag the trailer and camp the night before with the fam would be ideal. The kids would love to be up close to racers flying by!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It is a race for everyone. If you raced it, I think you would enjoy it. The nationals are a little bit more expensive to race since the sign up is a little bit more than most races and you have to have an AMA membership ($25) to compete. My .02 on the AMA membership is that if you ride, you should be a member. When I went to DC a few years ago on behalf of USA-All for some congressional hearing when HB330 arose, there were 3 groups of motorized people represented there as a voice against SUWA who were strongly represented. 1. AMA 2. USA-All 3. Virginia Trail Riders Association. While AMA does not do much of anything on a local level, they are a very powerful presence in DC. So, go ahead and get your AMA membership now.:D

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Confirmed.

a spot where I could drag the trailer and camp the night before with the fam would be ideal. The kids would love to be up close to racers flying by!

You will be able to easily drive to wherever you are put. Best plan would to be just camp at the pits with the club. PM me your contact information and I will put it on the list at our club meeting Wednesday.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Count me in again this year.

I was hoping you would be available again....I really appreciated your help last year. You can attest to everyone that we put on a good meal the night before and that alone is worth it.:D. PM me your information again and include email and phone #.

If you are interested in riding this year, I am looking for some sweepers for my course. You and about 3 other people would leave after the loop is closed and ride my loop looking for broken down or injured riders.

SpeedyVic

I would love to sweep! Way funner than pulling the course!

Oh, and the dinner is awesome! We are not talking trail food here. Picture a Maddox style dinner when Maddox was really good!

Last edited:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Yep, Im thinking next year we will go to the cup instead of finals so we can work the national, but I have too much invested this year and my wife is too excited about Vegas to get out of it this year.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
To bump this back to the top, I thought I would give you a preview of the trophies and start/finisher pins. The big one in the center is the main trophy. First in each class will get one that is about 14"tall with the finish place being on a separate piece of acrylic that stands off and the remaining places will get one about 10" tall without the stand off. The one to the left is what we will use for the 100% trophies for the mini's and will be about 5" tall. Since this is the 25th anniversary of when we did the first Shawn Gerber Memorial, I wanted to do something special on the finisher pins that you see on the right. Everybody who races will get the main part of the pin when they sign up and when they finish, they get the "finisher" hanger to go on it.

Since I have this bumped up, we are in need of some help still for our ATV and UTV race. I am in need of some people to man a check point and road crossings. I could also use some people that have side by sides to help sweep the course and get out any broken down ATV's & UTV's.