2023 Goals

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
2022 was a great year for me for camping. I set a goal to camp 1 night in each month, and camp a total of 40 nights. I closed the year reaching both goals, and acheiving 52 nights after hitting 40 in September.

For 2023, I don't have a camp night goal other than to camp in each month again, but I have trail goals.

Here are my goals for 2023
1) Camp 1 night in each month
2) Rubicon
3) Visit the Maze district
4) HITR East Side
5) Visit 5 more of the highest peaks in Utah Counties.
- I have a goal to hit the highest peak in each county, but I'm behind having not hit any in a few years. Time to get back on track. I've hit just shy of half of them.

What do you have for goals?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My 2023 goals...

Run Hanging Tree trail in my own rig, for once!
Pritchett Canyon
Coyote Canyon
Sand Hollow
Price Trails
5 Mile Pass, mainly Sidewinder and Constrictor
Rangely
Vernal
21 Road
Montrose

And some more mild multi-day, camping exploring trails out of the Gladiator.

Hosting as many RME Runs as possible in the above.... going to need plenty of friends to wheel with. 😉

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Awesome! I'm looking at the 3rd week of July for the Rubicon. Having Cruiser Outfitters rebuild and regear the axles in my Land Cruiser in preparation of this year's trips.
Looks like I’ll be right after that. My friend that is organizing it said we are going the 28th-31st

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My 2023 goals...

Run Hanging Tree trail in my own rig, for once!
Pritchett Canyon
Coyote Canyon
Sand Hollow
Price Trails
5 Mile Pass, mainly Sidewinder and Constrictor
Rangely
Vernal
21 Road
Montrose

And some more mild multi-day, camping exploring trails out of the Gladiator.

Hosting as many RME Runs as possible in the above.... going to need plenty of friends to wheel with. 😉
@skippy and I have talked about how much fun RME runs would be. I’m in.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I can't belive we are half way through 2023! Due to multiple issues, I have already missed my goal of camping in every month when I missed February, but I am still looking to get my other goals. I am still hoping for the Rubicon July 19-22. I have been watching the trail conditions and believe it will be a go that week.

What's everyone's progress through June?

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Itching to get out and wheel and camp, but all my time is getting used putting the shop together. I hope investing this time pays off with extra wheeling and camping in the future.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've been having a fantastic year so far. My goal is to be away from home doing fun stuff or service as much as possible, no specific trails or mode of recreation.
So far in 2023

Hiked a few trails in Zion in February
During EJS this year I ran Elephant hill for the first time and hiked a bit in the Maze district.
MTB trip and rode The Whole Enchilada (half of it) in April
Green River Dirt Bike Rally
Ghost town Tour
Delta Old School Rock Crawl
One Swell exploring/wandering trip.
Raced my first ISDE Qualifier Desert Race.
One Cherry Creek camping trip.
Cleaned a bunch of tires up at Knolls
Cleared 20 miles of single track (water trails up Diamond Fork)
Pedaled 125 miles of dirt so far this year a lot of that with my son, Jeeper and his son.
Taking the wife on our first ADV Moto camp trip this weekend.

Best of all, I've got to spend a lot of time with RME peeps this year which has been really awesome!

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
What's everyone's progress through June?

So far so good;
I missed all my usual early in the year St George / mtb trips, but I've still camped every month.
because I'm losing track already;
Jan: Nevada, Pahranagat, 3 nights
Feb: Comb Ridge, 2 nights
March: Rainbow Bridge via Navajo Mtn, 5 nights
April: Dirty Devil River, Sand Slide to Angel Cove, 2 nights
May: Needles, Salt Creek, 4 nights
June: San Rafael River, Fuller Bottom to Lockhart Box, 2 nights

DesertRam

Missed camping in January and February, but got in some great camping and backpacking in March, April, and May. We just completed a 53-mile, 6-day, 5-night canoe trip down the Green River to the Confluence. We have a week-long backpacking trip planned for Colorado in July and Troop and/or family campouts planned every month for the rest of the year. Plus I have three good hunts planned with my youngest daughter this year and a fun sheep hunt with my Dad, brothers, and son early in 2024. Lots to do!

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
2022 was a great year for me for camping. I set a goal to camp 1 night in each month, and camp a total of 40 nights. I closed the year reaching both goals, and acheiving 52 nights after hitting 40 in September.

For 2023, I don't have a camp night goal other than to camp in each month again, but I have trail goals.

Here are my goals for 2023
1) Camp 1 night in each month
2) Rubicon
3) Visit the Maze district
4) HITR East Side
5) Visit 5 more of the highest peaks in Utah Counties.
- I have a goal to hit the highest peak in each county, but I'm behind having not hit any in a few years. Time to get back on track. I've hit just shy of half of them.

What do you have for goals?
Well, I fell far short of my goals by only acheiving 1-Running the Rubicon. I did camp in every month except February, racking up 38 nights, but still didn't get my goal of 1 night each month.

I'm striving for better performance in 2024!