231J transfer case shifter stuck, won't go in 2wd

mdbs14

I cannot shift the transfer case to 2wd, it seem to be stuck either in neutral or 4H even. When i try to shift it by hand by pulling or pushing the shifter I can only move one position down and one position up. I can push it all the way down and can only pull it once.

What can it be?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Dude, I'm not trying to be rude but you start a thread for every issue or question you have had on this build, start a build thread to keep it all on one cohesive place and not spam the forum with 20 threads.
Transfer cases are very simple. Open it up and see how it works, then see why the shifter isn't moving. Most are difficult to move by hand. My 241 I had to use pliers to overcome the detent ball.

mdbs14

Dude, I'm not trying to be rude but you start a thread for every issue or question you have had on this build, start a build thread to keep it all on one cohesive place and not spam the forum with 20 threads.
Transfer cases are very simple. Open it up and see how it works, then see why the shifter isn't moving. Most are difficult to move by hand. My 241 I had to use pliers to overcome the detent ball.
Totally understand! I will start a build thread right now. Though it was easier to address issues as they come. Thanks to you and everyone who have supported so far.