3"-4" DOM Pipe bender

UVRUGBY

So I am trying to fab up a double/single roll bar for '90 yota PU ext cab. there will be 2- 90* bends on the two up bars and 1- 45ish* on the kicker down bars. :D
I can supply the pipe if needed.

I don't have length measurements for the bars yet, but I will have them tonight or tomorrow. :cool:

Thank You.

UVRUGBY

Well i thought about 2". But, I am thinking that it is going to look to skinny in the bake of the truck with 2" side by side, then the 2" kicker angle down bar.

UVRUGBY

Also, most roll bars that are mounted in the back of trucks are 3". So I am just going off what most manufactures produce.

STAG

On my grind
Fwiw the "roll bars" I'm sure you're referring to, 90% are about 16 gauge wall thickness and are not DOM. 2" will look fine, do .190 wall and that will be plenty overkill. Also, just throwing out there it takes a pretty stout bender to bend 2" .190 wall. It is my opinion that it will ruin most hobby type benders including ProTools and Jd2 model 3. Probably be fine with a model 32.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Your new to fab work aren't you....? What a manufacture uses and what actually needs to be used are two different things. As mentioned above. 2" DOM would be much stronger then what you see being used in Show bars or manufacture bars

slcpunk74

Original Saboteur
It's just for show and really won't save you then why not use .120 wall or .090. 2" od is as said about as large as most garage fabbers will be able to bend.

UVRUGBY

Alright, and yes this is the deepest I have gotten into fab work. My first Tacoma got totaled before I could do much, and sense then I have had cars. So no fab work done. Would like function with look, but honestly I don't plan on crawling this to the point where I might roll it.

UVRUGBY

Thanks for your guys input. With it I will look at 2" and call it good, with going a double/single it should look just fine, plus like you guys said with that I will be more then good with it incase it happens to roll, but highly unlikely, at least for awhile. I appreciate your inputs.

STAG

On my grind
If its just for looks, a bunch of exhaust/muffler shops have the ability to bend 3 or 4" exhaust tubing. Usually not a perfectly smooth bend but maybe good enough.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Or you can just start hunting the junk yards for an actual useless show bar which is what it seems you want. Without an actual X bracing it would be good for nothing anyway.

This is what you are looking for huh
GO_1730_go_rhino_bed_bars_3x.jpg

Here you go......

UVRUGBY

Would be difficult to find some that are in good shape I would think. I am just going to go with
2" and bend some up. The exhaust shop would get expensive, and would turn out bad. Already attempted going there for a intake pipe to be bentup and they left creases in a smooth 45 degree angle. Was supposedto be smooth any. But they made the bend a little more dramatic. Still works though for under the hood out of mind.