5 mile

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
A-hem........

Well let's see here......

A-hummm!! Errrrrrrrchhhhhhthhthtppt!! Thwwoough....t!!

Now that I've got all the crap out of my throat.....

I just so happen to know exactly what this is all about. In fact (wink wink) the canyon in question is called Alma Young Canyon. This is where the fire burned. Some of the fire spilled over the ridge in the neighboring Mitchell Canyon. I hiked up there this last summer (a-hem!) to "check out" the area, so to speak. I found a "temporary closure" carsonite sign in the "road" leading up the canyon. What is funny is that the canyon in question does not show any roads on the map, and past the carsonite sign not much of any motorized route exists, although let me tell you (waving arms frantically) that this is a very nice (!!!) canyon indeed. It has very little real fire damage in it, which I find funny considering the supposed "closure". There are some ordinary (wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!) small (biting lip) rocks....and some (oh the agony!!) oh, small-ish cliffs (!!!) not to mention the well worn and wide ATV trail that is at the top (EEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!) of the canyon. Just your ordinary tight, narrow, small, unadulterated (blood coming from lip) type canyon filled with pinion/juniper trees with a few nice rocks (oooowww) in a place that no one has been nor driven (fell on floor).

EZ

Oh the agony!!! :)