7.3 Powerstroke question

Bart

I had the injector cup turn on my 01 on the way home from Phoenix one time. Noticed while climbing the hill up to Page AZ that I had antifreeze blowing out the passenger side of the truck. Pulled over and looked at my overflow bottle and it was brown. Smelled it and it had fuel in there. The fuel was going around the cup and into the coolant.It seemed to be running fine so I limped it all the way home like that. Only blew antifreeze/fuel out on climbs and I was pulling my 24' enclosed trailer. Took it to a dizl shop and they redid the heads on it. There were able to inspect the lower end while apart and told me it looked like it was in great shape. It was expensive but gave me piece of mind to know the power plant was strong and would last a lot longer.

R

rockdog

Yep, I figured this would be the outcome. Sucks, I wish I would have been wrong.:(

Chase39

Life goes on. It will all be Fresh and New when its done:) and I shouldn't be spend more than the price of what you could buy a clean one off ksl right now. And thats with a lot of brand new parts!

Chase39

Okay been a minute since i posted. Bought a used superduty block said to be a runner, Was not a runner. Had melted down #8 cyl and hole right through #5. Luckily once i got done tearing the bottom end apart it was in good condition. So off to the machine shop tomorrow to see how much needs to be taken off the cylinders.

Chase39

well when you cant start it, you cant start it. Hopefully you dont get screwed. haha If the block wasn't savable the guy was going to take it back.

And no, not safely. Cracked to close to the surface of the head.

Chase39

Interesting thread.

Putting any go-fast parts in?

So far my plan is basic

160/30 injectors and tune

38r turbo

intercooler

Electric fuel pump conversion

Bellowed up pipes to prevent leaks

3" down to 4" dual.

A tranny

then just a few other things to keep it dependable.

No race truck but not a boring driver.

Chase39

Well the block is saved, Went 30 over. standard everything else. Got he new master overhaul kit from ford. Looks really good i'm stoked.

I need to take the rods and heads to the machine shop to have them checked out. using the 97's forged rods so I need two tear that block down.

So today I cleaned up all my parts from the SD 7.3 and put them in this sweet giant filing cabinet I got for free. Held everything but the crank and heads! haha have two more I can steal.