General Tech 97 tj has no spark or fuel pressure

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
So I have no spark or fuel pressure in my 97 wrangler. My gauges do work, I just installed new cap and rotor, coil, relays, and cps sensor but still nothing. I have read a ton of stuff on line but with no good answers to the problem. Yes I have checked all the fuses and they all seem to be in good shape. Any thoughts or answers or even better the fix to my problem would be great.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Brandon, are you just down the street from me (are you on 11th West about 14xx South on the west side of the road--photography house)? Green tub with black fenders/hood?

Where did you get your CPS from? I put in an Autozone or Checker one in my XJ and spent about $1200 replacing all kinds of crap before we got back to the CPS. We installed a dealer CPS and the thing ran like a champ for another 2-3 years. I do have a fuel pressure gauge from that experience that we could use as well. The bad: I'm headed out of town until late Sat. evening again. I "think" my Monday and Wednesday evenings are free next week if that works for you.

Toad

Definatly check your auto shut down relay. It is located in the power distrubtion box. Also dont these Jeeps have that pickup module in the distrubuter under the rotor.

gertsch

Brandon, are you just down the street from me (are you on 11th West about 14xx South on the west side of the road--photography house)? Green tub with black fenders/hood?

Haha thats my jeep I recently moved into the basement for awhile. Its my eldest sisters house.

gertsch

If it was his cps shouldn't he still be getting fuel? or at least thats what i would think. Have u recently changed anything before u lost fuel and spark or did u just walk out and had nothing one day?

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
Ya on 1300th and it lives out front until I get a garage big enough for it. I just got a new sensor from the dealer, going to go put it in a few mins. I will post if it works or not.

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
Ok it is running now! I installed the dealer cps sensor, and nothing but I got spark.
So I went back to the fuel pump wiring harness where it connects and a s#!t load of red
sand hollow sand ran out of there. Then it started it. Thanks guys

Last edited: