A long day

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
That's pretty crazy Kevin! I'm glad you guys got out of there safely. I know how nerve wrecking it can be being in such a situation alone. I'm glad you got the help from the guys and were back out safely!! Funny how you don't feel it when it's happening but once you got home and today also you're probably feeling like you got hit by a train lol.

Once again, glad you, boogerface and the bastard are home safely.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Back in 1999 I was in a similar situation while playing in the snow and tipped it on the driver side, looped the snatch strap through the front wheel and to a tree, as the wheel turned it tightened the strap and tipped the Jeep back on its wheels. It would have been a 7-8 mile hike out of the woods in over a foot of snow with dropping temps if I hadn't figured out a plan.

NYCEGUY01

That could have sucked...lol

I just cheat...Last time I tipped the RZR over we just pushed it back on the wheels and continued on...lol

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I think it boils down to Kevin is dumb and...Because...Toyota. Wish I could have been there to poke fun at you Kevin and to help of course.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
You need to get rid of those skinny tires to help keep it dirty side down :greg:

glad everyone is okay

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Are they? You better be careful then, next thing you know you'll be back in a Yota.

Blasphemy. Skinny tires on a Jeep has got to be safer than skinny tires on a Yota anyday. Especially new Jeeps, we do have traction control and traction control makes it unpossible to rollover, pretty sure the interwebz said that somewhere so don't quote me on it.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
RECOVERY!!

Holy SHIT are we there yet!! I couldn't believe how far out he was!!

t2ie.jpg

There were some trees above him so we were able to take his strap wrap the tree and hook Andrews winch to it.

dons.jpg

Pulled him to this point where it actually held itself.

2cs1.jpg

Once we got him here we tied the strap off to the tree as suppot so it wouldn't flop back, then hooked the winch to the front and pulled him down. Kevin had to help guide the steering a little but really it did most of the work on its own.

yz9w.jpg

fkjb.jpg

And then to the tricky part, Getting me and Andrew back down the super narrow, muddy road in reverse. Andrew had a couple advantages over me. First his tires, mine are not mud tires, second his back-up cam, mine is a rear view mirror, third he had my head lights so he could at least see the trail!! That was one long ass trip backwards:evil: :evil: But glad we gould get him out in one piece.

Round trip Kevin got dropped off to me at 6:00pm, got to the truck at 8:00pm, had it on all 4 wheels by 8:30pm, hit my bed after a nice warm shower at 10:30pm!! Not bad if you ask me:D

blznnp

Whats nice to see is that there always seems to be someone or usually at least two people on the forum that are willing to drop what's going on an go help.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Cool pics. Reminds me of how I had to drive back out in reverse through a trail also. Except I didn't have mud to deal with lol

B2-Bomber

you know I am a bit late coming into this thread. but I was right by there one time years ago (long before every person had a camera built into a phone in their pocket, this was taken on a camera with film.....I snapped a pic of the original pics)

like you we "saw some sights"
DSC_0027.jpg

and like you we "found some mines", and "flopped the bastard"
DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

its hard to see in these pics, but that is a mineshaft, the camera was in the back of the truck which was jammed near vertical into the shaft. so we had to get it yanked most of the way out before we could get into the back to snap some pics

we also had to hoof it down in the pitch black, waited until morning, and returned with 3 more rigs to yank it out.