A Plea For HELP! To Anyone Within A Reasonable Distance Of American Fork Canyon

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Nope. I ultimately decided to sit this one out. If for some reason I'm needed, it would only take me 15 minutes to get up there.

sixstringsteve

i just heard from Rock Taco. They just arrived at the top of the trail. I'll post more info once I get it.

I can only assume the runner is still there. Still waiting for word.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Turbominivan just texted me. They're with the runner, so it sounds like it's still up there. There is hope for humanity after all.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
That's nice to know, considering how many days the runner spent up there alone.

then again maybe nobody really wanted to risk getting close to it to do anything considering how sketchy you guys described the terrain. Is it on grounds where you can easily lose your footing also?

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
If you're above the 4Runner, then you're on a road...footing is great. If you're below it, then first off, you're crazy and have a death wish. And...yes, footing is pretty much nonexistent - especially toward the front of the vehicle.

sixstringsteve

then again maybe nobody really wanted to risk getting close to it to do anything considering how sketchy you guys described the terrain. Is it on grounds where you can easily lose your footing also?

Yes, you could lose your footing if you're on the downhill side, but it's not very risky to walk around up there. In other words, I could push it off the edge myself without losing my footing.

EDIT: clfrnacwby beat me to it.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Went Well. Most people are probably still on their way down. finished about 11:30. Bart broke down on the way up, and I think that added to time traveling in. The recovery took about 1.5 hours. It was such a smooth operation, it provided hardly any spectator enjoyment. We got plenty of video and photos to pass along.

We ended up digging some good trenches for the tires to follow, hooked winches to the drivers side to keep it stable, and he basically drove out.