ABS light and E-brake light on after axle swap

I have a 2000 XJ that I swapped the Dana 35 for a 8.25. The 35 had abs and the 8.25 does not. I unplugged the wiring for the abs (two separate clips) and the new axle did not have anything to replace it with. So how do I get the e-brake and ABS light to turn off?

Max Power

Bryce
You would have to have an axle that had a compatible abs system. I don't think there is anything you can do to bypass the lights other than take the bulbs out.

thenag

I am so glad that when my wife got her 99 (before we met) she got it without ABS...

Not sure about 2000, but in 99 it was still optional so it looks like you will be disabling your abs (which you already did with the axle swap...)

If you want to look at an xj that does not have abs let me know. It will be interesting to know what you would have to change/unplug to get the light to go off. (abs fuse?)

nathan
99 xj more stuff than it should have...
build thread
http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?83436-Nathan-and-Tanja-s-99-XJ-Build-up

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
On my 01 XJ I just pulled the ABS relay under the hood and the light went away :).. I still think I have the relay in the garage but no XJ anymore HEHE :)

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
When I did the swap on my ZJ the ABS lights was one till the day I sold it, but the BRAKE light worked normally... doesn't that indicate a problem with the master cylinder if the BRAKE light stays on?

DOSS

The ebrake light is attached to a switch in the ebrake housing.. you may need to look at how your ebrakes are adjusted etc... that is the BRAKE light that he is referring to..

perfect. I'll try removing the relay and see what that does for the abs. as for the brake light, my ebrakes are still disconnected cause the axle i got had cut cables, so i'm guessing that's why that light is still on. i'll put new cables in and see if that goes away.

DOSS

perfect. I'll try removing the relay and see what that does for the abs. as for the brake light, my ebrakes are still disconnected cause the axle i got had cut cables, so i'm guessing that's why that light is still on. i'll put new cables in and see if that goes away.

Yep, once you have new cables it will go away.. you could probably bypass the switch in the meantime if you felt the need.. it is right with the ebrake handle