AF Canyon Saturday Sept 22nd

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
We are looking at doing some camping up there that weekend and wanted to see who wants to hit some trails on Saturday. We will likely do Forest Lake or Mary Ellen in the morning and Mineral Basin in the afternoon. All we ask is that you know your vehicle and its capabilities and clean up after yourselves.

TROKITA

theres a huge group heading up on the 22nd aswell, most likely be doing mineral basin, ill be heading up there with the group

TROKITA

How "huge" is this group and what time will they be there?
havent heard yet but there like 6 guys that are planning on it, and I've posted what time and where are we meeting but i haven't heard from them yet, ill keep you updated but as what i know there's going to be something going on on the 22nd for sure, up in AF.
Too busy for the service project on the same day?
the service projects are happening on the 29th of this month as far as i know theres going to be a service project at 5 mile pass/rattle snake trail. And there's also going to be one at AF canyon the 28-29th there camping for the service and there will be talks, service projects and trail rides. thats all i know, unless your talking about something else.

Shock that an active wheeler wouldn't know of a cool mountain road less than 10 miles from most people's favorite SLC wheeling destination. This fence removal was asked for many years ago. Cool to see someone making it happen, hope there are plenty of volunteers to get it done.

TROKITA

Here's the updated for the 22nd

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Date:[/FONT] Saturday, September 22, 2012
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Meeting Location: [/FONT]TBA (Cabela's[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]?) I think where moving it to the Chevron [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]that's[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] closer to the canyon [/FONT]
Meeting Time: TBA (10:00-11:00 AM?)
Trail: (Most likely AF Mineral Basin)

So the trail has been pretty much decided to be AF Mineral Basin.
Where and what time should we all meet up? I'm thinking Cabela's like always and perhaps around 10:00 or 11:00.

Attendees:
1) DrunknSloth
2) WW_FIREFIGHTER (Maybe)
3) TROKITA
4) jdk52 (Maybe)
5) Manlaan + 1 or 2
6) Twiostaco
7) Trowbocop
8) RedDragonTaco
9) Strautins

this is in the TW forum.... posting a link as well
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/so...august-september-meet-both-8.html#post5684528

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Here's the updated for the 22nd

Date: Saturday, September 22, 2012
Meeting Location: TBA (Cabela's?) I think where moving it to the Chevron that's closer to the canyon
Meeting Time: TBA (10:00-11:00 AM?)
Trail: (Most likely AF Mineral Basin)

So the trail has been pretty much decided to be AF Mineral Basin.
Where and what time should we all meet up? I'm thinking Cabela's like always and perhaps around 10:00 or 11:00.

Attendees:
1) DrunknSloth
2) WW_FIREFIGHTER (Maybe)
3) TROKITA
4) jdk52 (Maybe)
5) Manlaan + 1 or 2
6) Twiostaco
7) Trowbocop
8) RedDragonTaco
9) Strautins

this is in the TW forum.... posting a link as well
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/so...august-september-meet-both-8.html#post5684528

That's a big group, have all of them ran Mineral Basin before? Are they built enough to do the trail without much effort?

TROKITA

I don't know, some i have never meet in person but ive seen there trucks on the forum and some are pretty build insanely beefy, i rode with manlaan, and his truck is all decked out. there is still others that haven't responded but the list will get bigger for sure.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I don't know, some i have never meet in person but ive seen there trucks on the forum and some are pretty build insanely beefy, i rode with manlaan, and his truck is all decked out. there is still others that haven't responded but the list will get bigger for sure.

As long as they are all good guys and know their rigs it should be a good time. Do you know if they have the "tread lightly and pick up your trash" mindset? And do we have to worry about someone getting drunk and rolling? Sorry if I sound picky, but as I have become more responsible on the trail I expect the same of others.

Ramboi92

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, and I'm always looking for new people to ride with. I have a '95 Ram 1500. I've never been to Mineral Basin. If you guys think my truck could do it, I'd be down to join if you guy are accepting?

sixstringsteve

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, and I'm always looking for new people to ride with. I have a '95 Ram 1500. I've never been to Mineral Basin. If you guys think my truck could do it, I'd be down to join if you guy are accepting?

how experienced are you as a rock crawler? Do you have an auto or a manual? That's a pretty big rig to take up there. There's one spot in particular that I think will give you a challenge, it's pretty narrow and tips you downhill.