AF Canyon Service Projects

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Lots to do this Summer/Fall, get ready to help!

Individuals:
Bypass blocking
Trail signage
Litter pickup
Educating other users
Fence building
Join Trail Patrol/Goodwill Riders

Clubs/Familys/Companies:
The PG Ranger District (AF Canyon) is also working on a "adopt-a-trail" program. Duties include regular maintainance, cleanup, fences, eyes & ears, etc...
Encourage members to join Trail Patrol/Goodwill Riders
Particpate/Host a service project

As you can see there are a plethora of opportunities in our own backyard... Get ready (I will annouce any projects I know of) and get your freinds and family up there to help.

Need more info, interested in participating?
Email me...
kurt@cruiseroutfitters.com

shmoesmith

stripeshirtman said:
Just let me know I am more than down to help the cause. :cool:

Yeah, me too...but I need LOTS of notice. getting off work on a weekend is extremely difficult for me, and getting a vacation day is evern harder..often if I want a weekend day off, I will have to actually pay somone to take my shift :(

cruiseroutfit said:
Lots to do this Summer/Fall, get ready to help!

<snip>

As you can see there are a plethora of opportunities in our own backyard... Get ready (I will annouce any projects I know of) and get your freinds and family up there to help.

Need more info, interested in participating?
Email me...
kurt@cruiseroutfitters.com

Plethora, oooh, verbal advantage!!!

At your service, El Presidente.

XJEEPER

Count the folks from NAXJA IC in on these Kurt. As others have mentioned, to get a good turnout, we need to make folks aware of the project dates ahead of time so they can schedule it in........30 days would be awesome?

Email me if you need help with coordination on this, I'll respond to your emails and my response will bounce back to me as undeliverable.........as usual. :p

P

pokeyYJ

I'm in for sure!! And I may be able to get some support from Land Rover Centerville if I have enough notice.

BLH

all be there, if they open back up Pittsburgh Lake ( which I called and offered to adopt :) ) or Ez emails me about project he is doing up there. Other than that, I really could careless anymore what happens up there. I'm more concern with other places.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
BLH said:
all be there, if they open back up Pittsburgh Lake....

If your so "interested" in re-opening Pittsburgh Lake trail... then call the Church of ***** ****** of Ladder Day Saints (yes the LDS church)... they own the majority of the land that the trail encounters and were directly behind its closing just as the Kimballs are closing their property on Earl-Eagle (Upper Major Evans Gulch). The threat of litigation (and actual suits as the Kimballs are facing) are not worth the risk of them opening the land to public ROW, if you can convince the LDS church otherwise... hats off to you, but take note neither were a Forest Service decision.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
BLH said:
... Other than that, I really could careless anymore what happens up there. I'm more concern with other places.

Glad to have your support Brent :rolleyes:

Hope I can offer my support when you are lying cold and breathless in a rooted ditch on the side of a sporadically frequented road... I could carelless to offer you my CPR support, therefore prolonging your life and allowing you to steal more oxygen from those of us that deserve to use it while speaking (or typing in your case)

Thanks for your time!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
BLH said:
.... I'm more concern with other places.

And for that... you deserve superhero status... I think "Brentgina... protector of the Environment" suits you well. Your hard work will not be forsaken...

Wait til' Wayngina and Brentgina get together... the world will damn near be saved... :D

BTW Mods... can we get a "superhero" icon?