Aftermarket Seats

WhiteCat

Does anyone know who makes aftermarket seats like these for TJ's? Especially the back seat one? THanks for any info.

Attachments

• Rollcage.jpg
    Rollcage.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 21

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
WhiteCat said:
Does anyone know who makes aftermarket seats like these for TJ's? Especially the back seat one? THanks for any info.

I don't know if they are the exact ones, but you can't go wrong with...

http://www.prpseats.com/

I have them in my 'yota, they are killer. They custom make the bench to any length you want up to 72 inches. Aaron, the owner, will bend over backwards to satisfy his customers.

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
rckcrlr said:
Mastercraft, PRP, Beard, etc....Pick up a Sandsport mag, should be able to find pics of different styles in there.

Corbeau makes a kick ass suspension seat and they are cheaper than Mastercraft.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
man i need seats too!!! but i don't want to pawn my kidneys to afford some decent ones :ugh:
i am thinking about some 6 dollar boat seats from walmart, but i would have to make em slide and i need to mount my 4 point harnesses somehow.
how do you lowback seat users run your harnesses over them?

sorry to hijack

ROCKAHOLIC

fattodog said:
Corbeau makes a kick ass suspension seat and they are cheaper than Mastercraft.

BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING THE CORBEAU SEATS, I HAVE THEM IN MY TJ AND THEY USED REALLY CHEAP UPHOLSTRY AND AFTER TWO YEARS THEY HAVE RIPS AND HOLES JUST FROM GETTING IN THEM. THEY ARE CHARGING ME 200 A SEAT TO GET THEM RE DONE -_-

troutbum

cubi-kill
ROCKAHOLIC said:
AFTER TWO YEARS THEY HAVE RIPS AND HOLES JUST FROM GETTING IN THEM. -_-
I have corbeau seats. had them three years. Great seats, only complaint is they do not wear very well. Mostly because of seam placement on the bolsters, I have thought about having/making some custom neoprene covers for them to help with the wear. sucks to hear they want 200 bones a pop to reupholster

WhiteCat

ROCKAHOLIC said:
BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING THE CORBEAU SEATS, I HAVE THEM IN MY TJ AND THEY USED REALLY CHEAP UPHOLSTRY AND AFTER TWO YEARS THEY HAVE RIPS AND HOLES JUST FROM GETTING IN THEM. THEY ARE CHARGING ME 200 A SEAT TO GET THEM RE DONE -_-

I've since ordered some Corbeau seats (Legacy) before you made this post. :( Hopefully I don't run into this problem and they work out. Which line of Corbeau seats do you have? Were yours exposed to the weather at all?

I found out that the back seat in that picture is made by Beard, which was what I was looking for in the back because I liked the look and the idea of the bench having the head rests.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
My PRP bench also has headrests.

$200 to just reupholster? That's rediculous, My seats were only $179 complete.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
WhiteCat said:
I've since ordered some Corbeau seats (Legacy) before you made this post. :( Hopefully I don't run into this problem and they work out. Which line of Corbeau seats do you have? Were yours exposed to the weather at all?

I found out that the back seat in that picture is made by Beard, which was what I was looking for in the back because I liked the look and the idea of the bench having the head rests.

one thing you can do to save the seat a little is put a set of seat covers on it immediately. A friend of mine found some generic neoprene seat covers for like $16/set (I think at Sams Club) and I asked him to pick up a set for me. They aren't custom fit, but I could make them fit better if I took the time. The do cover the seat, which is all I"m after.

ROCKAHOLIC

BlackSheep said:
one thing you can do to save the seat a little is put a set of seat covers on it immediately. A friend of mine found some generic neoprene seat covers for like $16/set (I think at Sams Club) and I asked him to pick up a set for me. They aren't custom fit, but I could make them fit better if I took the time. The do cover the seat, which is all I"m after.

HOW DID YOU GET THEM ON CUT HOLES IN THE SEAT WHERE THE SEAT BELTS COME THROUGH

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
ROCKAHOLIC said:
HOW DID YOU GET THEM ON CUT HOLES IN THE SEAT WHERE THE SEAT BELTS COME THROUGH

I totally don't understand your question.

how did I get what on? the seatcovers? that's what it seems like you are asking, but I just can't tell. Punctuation usually helps in allowing others to decipher your typed phrases.

ROCKAHOLIC

BlackSheep said:
I totally don't understand your question.

how did I get what on? the seatcovers? that's what it seems like you are asking, but I just can't tell. Punctuation usually helps in allowing others to decipher your typed phrases.

HOW DO YOU PUT SEAT COVERS ON A SEAT THAT HAS HOLES IN IT FOR THE SEAT BELTS TO PASS THROUGH, OVER YOUR SHOULDERS I GUESS IT HELPS TO KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU POST.............................HEY PUNCTUATE THIS

Last edited:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
ROCKAHOLIC said:
HOW DO YOU PUT SEAT COVERS ON A SEAT THAT HAS HOLES IN IT FOR THE SEAT BELTS PASS THROUGH, OVER YOUR SHOULDERS.............................HEY PUNCTUATE THIS

the logical answer is to remove the seat belts, install the seat covers, then cut holes in the cover where the belts will pass through. My recommendation is to then remove the seat covers and sew up the edges of the holes to reduce further tearing of the cover. Once you re-install the cover, re-install your belts.

ROCKAHOLIC

BlackSheep said:
the logical answer is to remove the seat belts, install the seat covers, then cut holes in the cover where the belts will pass through. My recommendation is to then remove the seat covers and sew up the edges of the holes to reduce further tearing of the cover. Once you re-install the cover, re-install your belts.

NOT A BAD IDEA THANKS :)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
ROCKAHOLIC said:
HOW DO YOU PUT SEAT COVERS ON A SEAT THAT HAS HOLES IN IT FOR THE SEAT BELTS TO PASS THROUGH, OVER YOUR SHOULDERS I GUESS IT HELPS TO KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU POST.............................HEY PUNCTUATE THIS

Hey, check this out-

keyboard4.jpg

:D