Jeep Air Shock Q?

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
So on my TJ this winter we are planning on pushing the rear axle back 7" or 8" :D. ill be using a ford 9in rear axle and running either 35" or 37" tires.

id like to use air shocks in the rear for simplicity of the install and cheapness. i plan on ditching the rear seat and in the tub have a fuel cell, air tank and a sound system along with a cargo rack that will go above everything.

is this going to be to much weight for air shocks? i was planning on using SAW 2.0 Air shocks.

Thanks
Joel

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Which ever brand you go with, do 2.5 air shocks just for the fact that they will hold more weight with less pressure and give you a better ride. Also, don't be afraid of adding oil... but don't overfill either.

jswainthug

I did this exact swap into my YJ including the same axle/tires setup. I ran with the fox 2" and they have worked out great for me, I live in Murray but my shop is in Taylorsville if you want to take a look at mine, I can show you what worked and what didn't. PM me or post up any ?'s.

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
I did this exact swap into my YJ including the same axle/tires setup. I ran with the fox 2" and they have worked out great for me, I live in Murray but my shop is in Taylorsville if you want to take a look at mine, I can show you what worked and what didn't. PM me or post up any ?'s.

would u mind posting some pics?