Air Shox and Body Roll

mswasey

Bronco Molester
James, how have you been. Yea, I still come down that way and I still drive by but since you have had your new job I don't see you out....so I don't stop. Are you there in the day time? I need to check out your rig.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
James, how have you been. Yea, I still come down that way and I still drive by but since you have had your new job I don't see you out....so I don't stop. Are you there in the day time? I need to check out your rig.

Doing Great Mike..No Im not home much during the daytime Im either down to my shop or out working somewhere in the valley. I spend as much time in the garage, but now its at night or on the weekends...when your probably home. If your ever in Centerfield around lunch time swing into the shop, and Ill buy you lunch. We are going to wheel some Richfield trails one of these weekends within the next month, some of our clan, and some RME'rs Ill pm you and see if we cant get you to bring the bronc down.

as far as your suspension, the spool makes a lot of sense, but my brothers running a welded rear in his buggy which would act the same as a spool, running trail gears 4 link with 2.0 foxs in the rear and really soft front leafs, no antisway never touched the oil and is really stable with stock width toyota axles, I cant imagine the front leafs (allpro) making the rig that much more stable, but it is really light, maybe thats the difference.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Having just finished getting my rig drive-able with 2.5 air shocks front and rear, I have to methods of thought. I went with the 2.5 shocks all around even though I hopefully weight 4-4500 pounds. You can run a lot less nitrogen psi when your not maxing out the capacity of the shocks. I remember I ran about 225 to 250 psi minimum on the samurai buggys shocks to get what height I needed out of it. The body roll was crazy, plus the body was so light I could grab the rocker and jack it from side to side more then 2-3 feet. LEdges and waterfalls were good, but driving even the most subtle off camber was crazy and made mye hate my setup. I threw on a rear sway bar and it was night and day. Fast forward 4 years to this buggy with 2.5's and I run less then 130 psi in each shock and I have outboarded the mounts on top and bottom. I just figured I would need a sway bar so I had been looking. But after driving it a couple trails, I don't think I will need one, it is just as good as the samurai with the sway bar. I figure between the outboarded shocks with straight mounts and the bigger shocks with less psi it made a huge difference. I am welded front and rear also, and have winches front and rear

mswasey

Bronco Molester
Kiel, thanks for the info. I really noticed that about my set up, some day I would like to go to 2.5's in the rear also.

Jinx: Yup
D60
Standart Rotation
35 spline

mswasey

Bronco Molester
Rockdog, Bart, Drtsquirrel, Rockreligeous, Kiel, Camel: Do you guys know what valving shim stacks you are running in your 2.0's and 2.5's?
I softened my 2.5's to 30/70. Not sure about the 2.0's, I left them how they were valved when I bought them from Rock Logic.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Rockdog, Bart, Drtsquirrel, Rockreligeous, Kiel, Camel: Do you guys know what valving shim stacks you are running in your 2.0's and 2.5's?
I softened my 2.5's to 30/70. Not sure about the 2.0's, I left them how they were valved when I bought them from Rock Logic.

Mike, I have no idea how my foxs are valved, the valveing and oil are as they were sent from the factory, front has 340#nitrogen and the rears are 300#nitrogen. I have a antisway but I havent put it on yet, ran Htt yesterday all the way to the top without issue..It does need the antisway, it leans pretty good and sidehill, but stable and clinged to the rock. I also have front and rear suckdown winchs, there were a few times were I was steep side hill, and I just tightend the winches a little and held me nicely.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Thanks for the input James, I just need some time to try a couple of things. How much does your rig weigh?

Not sure how heavy yet, started out light and got heavier every time I worked on it, Im hopeing to scale it this week, you know me though I carry alot of tools and junk.

Attachments

• 100_4489.jpg
    100_4489.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 13