Airbags on Trailer???

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Has anybody put a set of pickup style airbags on the leaf springs of a trailer to aid load hauling? I'm considering doing just that with one or two set of airbags on my rig trailer. Thoughts?

Corban_White

Should work great assuming the other components on the trailer are rated for the load. Most OTR trucks have airbags on the trailer. (and the truck.....and the cab....and the seat.....)

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I am not looking to increase the capacity of the trailer, I just have some issues with the tires rubbing on the outside of the frame when you approach capacity. The way they built the trailer, you only have about half an inch between the frame and inner sidewall of the tire. With a moderate load, the tire ends up rubbing when you hit bumps and such. I also thought of just getting some half inch spacers for the wheels, but I think the airbags would be better.

dirtydog

Kelderman Air Ride sells air-ride kits for trailers. Though I don't know if they are application-specific or universal kits. If you do it let us know how it works out.......and take pics.