Airbox donor ?

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
I have a YJ with a performance chev 383 TBI. It's hot as hell under the hood, so I want to make some kind of cold-air-intake for it and am hoping to find an OEM airbox from some other truck to modify to fit. I'm heading out to pick n pull to pop some hoods and look and see what's out there. I'm hoping something from a diesel 3500 GM or F350 Dodge might do the trick. Ideally it would have ~4-inch diameter ducting, OE-style filter, with inlet/outlet on different sides of the airbox (preferably on opposite sides). So, since I have no idea what's out there, I thought I'd ask if any truck gurus out there might have some suggestions for me as far as makes/models to take a look at to find a suitable donor for this. thanks for any help

Don't remember what year I picked mine from, but it matches your description. It is from a gm truck with duramax. Intake and outlet are on opposite Ends. The thing I liked is it is very compact for the flow (intake diam). If you get in a bind, I can dig it out for a photo as it isn't mounted yet.

reddman

Fabber
UMP makes several filter housings that match your needs perfectly, except they are a little spendy($300+). Semi trucks and tractors use nearly identical cyclonic filter housings that work great, but are made of steel and definitely weigh in heavier than the UMP ones.

Last edited: