All purpose Dodge

oxbronco

So I thought I would post my '76 powerwagon project. I use it for everything from exploring out in the west desert, to wheelin in Moab, and for my hunting rig. That is actually why I started to do a few things on this old truck, I was elk hunting with my family and ended up breaking through some ice in some ruts that were filled with water, and we were instantly sitting on the axles, after walking around 8 miles till we got phone service i vowed that that would never happen again. So this is what i have done so far, new 440, edelbrock carb with offroad kit, new 727 trans, part time kit in the 203 t-case, 6" tuff country lift, Dana 60's with 5.13's and detroits. Oh and a flat bed. Future plans are to install 4.88's the 5.13's are to low, winch, and fuel injection. I would also like to get a selectable locker for the rear so its a little more street friendly.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

spencevans

Overlander
Would love to see some pics, I think it's great idea to get a selectable locker, like you said, more streetable, but they are also 100% locked once you engage them. I used to have a lunchbox locker and I said never again. Not only was it annoying to drive but it was really hard on tires. Both my truck and my lexus have elockers and I love them.

oxbronco

Thanks, I tried to post pics, I will try again tommorrow, Im running 37 Bfg mt's. The reason Im thinking about the selectable locker is because i commute from Lehi to Sandy every day.Its not bad at all on the freeway but I really havent gotten used to it around town.

oxbronco

I feel like an idiot, I cant seem to be able to figure out How to post pics, I have read the instructions but its still not working any help would be great

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I feel like an idiot, I cant seem to be able to figure out How to post pics, I have read the instructions but its still not working any help would be great

Your photos probably need to be resized. What error message are you getting?

Here's a great image resizer, click & download ImageResizer.exe on the right side- http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx

2 choices, either become a paying member and post as attachments, or upload to photobucket or similar site and post using image tags.

All registered members can upload photos to RME, you don't need to pay for that ability.

oxbronco

Thanks, I was actually thinking about that but I found out (actually from help on this site) that Dodge didnt make a big block OD trans, so I would either have to get a gear vendors set up or use a small block trans with an adapter. I would love to have overdrive though.

oxbronco

Hey thanks, I remember taking your profile pick with ya, driving around looking for other jeeps to compair yours to. Those were the good old days