Alternatives to Comcast?

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Now if only you could use a decent DVR (Tivo) with any of the dishes. To me, TV is TV. they all have the same commercials, they all suck. I hate comcast more than most but it's the lesser of all the evils (IMO). My brother switched from comcast to Dish and was trying to convince me to switch...he ended up switching back to comcast after 6 months...all I could say was told you so :p I had DirecTV for the first two years in my house, I can't say it was any better than comcast.

As for internet, unless you have UTOPIA in your area, comcast is the fastest (per dollar). You can get up to 40mb with qwest if you're close enough to their co, but you will pay out the ass for it too. I have the basic comcast right now and I get anywhere from 12-20mb down and 3mb up. I think comcast is the best (by far) bang for the buck.

x2 They all need help and I found TIVO to be the answer. Record and watch later.

Mr.Chevy

I was like you and could not take the comcrap TV any more and their crappy DVR's. So we switched to Dish and will never look back. Dishes customer support is really good and the DVR's are nice. Also paying $40 bucks less a month and getting more channels is really nice. The bad is I could not find a better internet service to switch to. qwest wanted me to have a phone line witch I don't need. And no one could offer me the speed I am getting. So they charged me $10 more for not having the TV any more but they do offer lesser planes but getting the speeds I do is nice. But I Still save $30 a month witch is $360 a year comcrap doesn't get from me.

To SLC

To Washington DC

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(

This is my digis they say its 7mbps which equates to 5 down and 2 up and as you can see I don't get it all...

But its still better then the 1.2 down and .4 up that I was getting from qwest for the same amount..