Another great crawler is up for sale

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Funny enough. I met chad in cedar city 12 years ago and got a chance to ride in that jump seat. Cool ride. Interesting idea.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I ran Hanging Tree years ago with a similar rig, he had named it Twisted Sister...is this the same one? I think the guy was from Ephraim or close to it.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Chad is from Mount Pleasant, and is one of the original pioneers of the Hanging Tree Trail. His first articulated vehicle had an early '50s Chevrolet truck cab, and I believe he called that one the Twisted Sister.

torynich

Anybody have any info on this idea...the pics only show it sitting flat. I couldnt find any youtube or google on it. Sounds like a cool idea, but how did he do it?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Ill the pictures I have of it were from film camera's no digital stuff, Ill have to see if I can scan some pix and post. pretty hard to explain how he did it. He cut a frame in half and tapered and boxed each end and welded in his own version of a heavy duty spindle/hub, with a large enough inner diameter to run a drive shaft through using a carrier bearing. he also used a shock to dampen the rotation, and made a locking pin so he could lock the frame together because sometimes you needed to carry a wheel. pictures would explain it better than words.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Chad is a very talented home shop engineer. He comes with some out of the box ideas and turns them into reality using very basic tools. A visit to his shop is like seeing a modern day Da Vinci in action.