Another Mall Shooting

Thursty

What a jack@$$, the guy left a suicide note saying he was going out in style....I just don't understand some people. :sick::sick::confused:

x2! If you want kill yourself, fine, thats your choice but leave everyone else alone. Nine people went into that mall to Christmas shop for their families. Now nine families will be dealing with the deaths of their loved ones this Christmas. When you go home tonight give your wife/husband and kids a hug and take a moment to give thanks for all that you have this Christmas season.

Who is NE_Utah? Is he really a cop? If so I'm almost ashamed to call myself one. Please don't judge the rest of us by the example of this guy.

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
that akward feeling just set over the Chit Chat section... like, daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table..
:rofl:

But seriously, I was managing one of the stores at Trolley when that whole thing went down (strange how a shotgun sounds like falling plywood in a large, hollow building). I feel for these people. I wouldn't go so far as saying it was a traumatic experience for me, but I certainly will never forget it. I still jump when I hear noises that remind me of what I heard there. And seeing a dead body, even from 100 yards away, is not a pleasant experience. I dealt with it fine, but I know the female employee who was with me had some issues.
Making light of situations like this, as NE_Utah (Mike, Mark whatever) did is inappropriate. I don't want to get up on a high horse here, but think people, think. You never know who is reading this stuff. You never know how your word, as light hearted as they may seem in your head, will affect other people.

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Out of the nine victims 6 were store employees, 2 were customers, and one was the shooter. He had recently lost his job at McDonalds. Mall workers are typically younger people who often live at home. Families are going to be dealing with the loss of their children this holiday season. That sucks. I wonder if this kid got the idea from Trolley Square.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
what it comes down is the person is to much of a pussy to shoot themselves so they figure if i go out and start killing others i will force an officer of the law to do it for me.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Out of the nine victims 6 were store employees, 2 were customers, and one was the shooter. He had recently lost his job at McDonalds. Mall workers are typically younger people who often live at home. Families are going to be dealing with the loss of their children this holiday season. That sucks. I wonder if this kid got the idea from Trolley Square.

I can't believe this stuff happens. It really makes you stand back and take a look at the whole picture of society and what it's becoming. :( What ever happened to just sucking it up and moving on?

I can't wait to get back to the small town life.

IntrepidXJ

Just saw the names of the deceased listed on a news site. I worked for Von Maur part time last year for a while The person who hired me was one of the victims. I knoew she had transferred to another store, but I didn't realize it was that one.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Just saw the names of the deceased listed on a news site. I worked for Von Maur part time last year for a while The person who hired me was one of the victims. I knoew she had transferred to another store, but I didn't realize it was that one.

That's said to hear. Always hits a bit closer when it's someone you knew. :(

(PS, side note.....welcome to RME. I'm Brett M over on Expo and Dadilius on NAXJA, unless you've changed that for me;))

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
This crap is so screwed up.. all I have to say is back in the 50s and 60s you screwed up your dad beat you.... now... it is illegal to spank your child in some states... Then we didn't have Colombine, Trolly square etc.. now we do...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
so what if he screwed up and his dad beat him, or spanked him? what does that do to your theory?

maybe his dad always harped on him and was on his case growing up destroying his self confidence and beginning him down this path.....

just sayin. Some how I doubt spanking has anything to do with this person's emotional problems. it's more of a systemic issue that society as a whole caused.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
so what if he screwed up and his dad beat him, or spanked him? what does that do to your theory?

maybe his dad always harped on him and was on his case growing up destroying his self confidence and beginning him down this path.....

just sayin. Some how I doubt spanking has anything to do with this person's emotional problems. it's more of a systemic issue that society as a whole caused.

That is more what I am refering to I was just taking a little bite instead of taking on all of society.... In the end something has changed in the last 30 years and this country is screwed up!!

Brett

Meat-Hippy
It's called America turning into wimps. Nothing is PC anymore so you have to watch your back about anything you say these days. It's idiotic. Groups complaining about ANYTHING they can, suing left and right over the tiniest problems.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
yeah...soon America will turn into an idiocracy...like the movie! hahahaha Good times. :cheer: