Any beer brewers out there?

Offrodeo

I'm about to build me a beer kit and start making some good beer. I've never done it but have researched the shit outof it.
Are there any regular beer brewers?
Id like to make beer and experiment with it. Then maybe trade some beer.
Best part, I can get flavored beer without Utah limits!
Cheers
Kevan

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Yessir brother, I'm here to help. Let me know what you need or if you have questions, or you can come by the shop any time.

Bart

X2 on Cody. We did 3 - 5 gallon batches of different varieties this spring and they all turned out AMAZING. Some of the beer I've ever tasted. Cody will steer you in the right direction.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Did you see the new Boil Coil electric stuff that Blichmann debuted last week? It's actually pretty cool stuff (I'm not typically a blichmann guy). If I were building an electric system, I'd think that's the element to use.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
yeah, I already have all my kettles built etc. I'm just shopping control panels or seeing if I want to do it myself.

Offrodeo

Cody- I've got my mind on my fav beer, fat tire. Will that be too much for a beginner?
Shall I stick to the kits?
Can you build me that kit?

Last edited:

Offrodeo

A friend of mine is looking for galaxy and zethos hops. They are not listed on your website but it also says you have more available.
Do you have those hops?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I usually recommend people start with a kit, but only because it's kind of an easier to follow template for people who are just learning the process. The process for brewing a fat tire clone isn't any more difficult than a kit, I just can't give you quite as clear of a 'road map' so to speak. We can easily put together a fat tire clone.

We have both Galaxy and Zythos hops. I'm kind of a hop nerd, so I usually bring in at least a lb or so of some of the latest and greatest hops to try out. Galaxy is a really cool fruity hop from New Zealand, very similar to Citra but a little more Mango and Lime tone vs the Passionfruit that comes out of Citra. Zythos is a blend of several hops that is designed to mimic Simcoe and Amarillo to ease the demand on those hops, but with all of the new hops that have been popping up this year (Mosaic, El Dorado, Calypso, Melon Hull, Hallertau Blanc etc) the demand on Simcoe and Amarillo isn't quite as bad. I prefer either of those hops to Zythos, but we have all of them if your friend wants to choose.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I sold print, installed car stereos, and philandered….amongst other efforts. Somewhat of a poor, homeless, slightly mentally handicapped man's polymath.

Last edited:

Misfit02

SCBS is awesome. They turned me on to home made lemon wine "skeeter Pee". I make it for the wife and call it "panty peeler punch"...works everytime

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Ya, my friends call skeeter pee "cody-shine". Most of them are afraid of it now.