Any Castle Dale, UT area RME members?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks for the reply's... I will get in contact.

Here is the situation...

There exists an OHV trail in the area that is currently marked as a 4x4 trail. The USFS is under the impression that it is no longer used by the 4x4 crowd and they are considering re-marking it as an ATV trail. We need to stop this from happening. We need someone to drive or hike the trail and find out what it needs (if anything) to make the trail 4x4 freindly. We have a club (WCC) ready to wheel & maintain the trail (others are also invited) if and when we find the trail can be done.

Thanks!

great scott

I am sure I could get some of the Castle Country King Crawlers to help out. Do you have more details on the trail, were is it, whats it like, and so on. We just elected a land rep for our club, this could be a good one for him to jump in on.

Houndoc

As I noted in my post under general, I will be down that way Memorial Day weekend. Depending on the trail difficulty, may be able to check it out. let me know info and i will check it out if I can.

Houndoc

cruiseroutfit said:
Thanks guys, I am going to try and have an update today! :D
e-mailed you two different dry washes with trails/roads shown on my maps in the area.

Dry Wash is such an original term to use in the desert.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Houndoc said:
e-mailed you two different dry washes with trails/roads shown on my maps in the area.

Dry Wash is such an original term to use in the desert.

10-4, just read the email... thanks you rule!

I am still trying to reach a couple parties about which "Dry Wash" trail is in need of surveying. The USFS rep called me this morning and told me that their "only" Dry Wash Trail is a single track trail (motorcycles). But our OHV Rep has been asked numerous times to get some 4x4 crowds their to determine if it can STILL be claimed as a 4x4 road. Confusing to say the least.

Thanks again for all the support, I will try and get this mess squared away and more info to you guys!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Still trying to get a USFS agent to tell us that Dry Wash is a 4x4 trail and the location. So far all we have gotten is that the trail is a "single track" only. Yet their USFS head dude was the one asking for assitance. :( :confused:

Houndoc

Well, I spent Sunday evening and all day monday of memorial day weekend in the area. As I had mentioned, my maps showed two "dry washes". checked out both.
One is located off the Moore cut-off road, just east of the "dry wash" petroglyph panel. Found four road in the area (2 each heading north and south)- one obviously maintained, the other looked well used but ran out of daylight before going far on any of them.
The other is located a few miles west of the Cleavland Lloyd Quary. Lots of roads in the area. Drove one for several miles south where is slowly became less and less traveled, but nothing real rough. We came to a point where it turnd from generally south to east along a fence line. At that point my kids where becoming anxoius to get the the quary, so we turned back.

Don't think I learned anything real useful as there are too many trails in both areas to know which one is the issue and for all I know there could be any entirely different area as well.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I finally got some more info back about the "Dry Wash" Trail. As of now it is NOT drivable to anything but mabey a motorcycle. But, it could be a potentially sweet 4x4 trail that with some effort, legwork, and paperwork could become a legit trail before they re-do their FS travel plan. We (Wasatch Cruiser Club) will be down there this coming Saturday and I am planning on hiking the area to check it out and see how far a vehicle can (or has) made it up. I will keep you posted, thanks for all your help!

great scott

The King Crawlers are set to run the Pinacle tail this sat the 11th, but I would like to chek out the Dry Wash trail out with you if posible. How do you feel about running with us in the morning and and walking the Dry Wash in the evening?