Jeep any cheap drive shaft places out there?

billylight

six states. im very loyal to them and get great prices but not sure what walk ins get. i always feel like gaylons tries to take advantage cause im not a regular. i usually dont let people touch my stuff unless we know each other for that reason

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
six states. im very loyal to them and get great prices but not sure what walk ins get. i always feel like gaylons tries to take advantage cause im not a regular. i usually dont let people touch my stuff unless we know each other for that reason

I always feel like gaylons tries to take advantage cause im not a regular. i usually dont let people touch my stuff unless we know each other for that reason

Twins? I have always been happy with Gaylons. Treated me great, even before I was a regular. Substantially less then the other guys, even built stuff others guys could not

D94R

B&W built mine with quality spicer parts and was 50 bucks less.

Less than who or what? You don't really tell us anything.

billylight said:
i always feel like gaylons tries to take advantage cause im not a regular.

Tell us an example? From the moment I started going to John he's always been all around better to deal with. He does cut better deals on work/parts when he is busy, but never over charges when times are slow to make up for lack of sales.
He's done my rear drive shaft, geard/lockered both my axles, and exhaust on my Jeep, all for very good pricing. Plus he stands behind his work 100% no questions asked. He warrantied my front ARB, which was used, when it turned out the air seal was blown on it and it wouldn't engage. He didn't charge any labor or parts to me to fix what wasn't his mistake. You can't put a price on that type of business. Plus, he's an all around good guy to just BS with.

billylight

Tell us an example? From the moment I started going to John he's always been all around better to deal with. He does cut better deals on work/parts when he is busy, but never over charges when times are slow to make up for lack of sales.
He's done my rear drive shaft, geard/lockered both my axles, and exhaust on my Jeep, all for very good pricing. Plus he stands behind his work 100% no questions asked. He warrantied my front ARB, which was used, when it turned out the air seal was blown on it and it wouldn't engage. He didn't charge any labor or parts to me to fix what wasn't his mistake. You can't put a price on that type of business. Plus, he's an all around good guy to just BS with.

lets just say ive gotten better deals on stuff from randy at advanced. no one has ever beat what kevin at six states has done for me.

last experience i needed factory gears for my 99 f250 front axle. john wanted $200 for a used set he had and $250 to install them. 250 is going rate but 200 for a used set? i bought the same used ones from randy at advanced for $100 and they had to uninstall them. then i took them to six states and had kevin install them which worked out to be a lot less.

N8RB8R

$50.00 Less than Everyone else... Two of those other places were not using genuine spicer parts and I have had nothing but bad luck with that cheap crap, The one place that would use the spicer parts was $100 more than what I paid for mine that B&W built me using genuine spicer parts. 1350 rear cv shaft. I am not giong to name the places cause I use them all and have great respect for them. Just stating the great price and quality of this other place. That is what the original poster asked for.

D94R

Well, getting a good deal from a place go's hand in hand with finding good deals on the parts you need them to install/fix etc.

I shopped around and bought everything (gears/lockers) myself, then took them to John to have installed. Had he supplied the parts maybe my final price would have been higher, but that's what shopping around is about. Get the best deal on this part here, take it there to get the best price for install.

John has only supplied the CV joint for the rear drive shaft he did for me. Of which, was done inexpensively.

Ultimately though, different places will give better deals on stuff than another place and vise versa. Just gotta know how to dig around and find them.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I have had experience with some of the driveline shops. If you want cheap then I would say Gaylons, that is if you know what you are doing. They built me a driveline that I didn't know wouldn't work in my truck but they knew it wouldn't work and didn't tell me until I called back and said, it doesn't work and they said, ya we could have told you that. But they didn't and I wasted a good chunk of money. After that I only go to six states cause they are straight up and I think better quality.

D94R

I have had experience with some of the driveline shops. If you want cheap then I would say Gaylons, that is if you know what you are doing. They built me a driveline that I didn't know wouldn't work in my truck but they knew it wouldn't work and didn't tell me until I called back and said, it doesn't work and they said, ya we could have told you that. But they didn't and I wasted a good chunk of money. After that I only go to six states cause they are straight up and I think better quality.

This kinda sounds like you told them you wanted something specific/modified, but didn't know it wouldn't work until too late. If thats the case, and he didn't have the vehicle there to build from, he probably figured you knew it.