Any snomobilers on here?

R-SE

Rock-Slide Engineering
I would stay away from the Ski-doo 1000 they had nothing but problems!!! (yes im a skidoo fan and said that!) 1000's and 900's are freaking heavy no matter who made them!

Only a two year motor! I would be leary on that as well. If I were you I would stick to an 800 plenty of power and more of them are produced than any other.

Your right though all sleds have problems its just finding one with the least problems ha ha! I just try to cycle threw them so I don't run into anything to serious!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I've had a few Polaris 7 & 800's. I think for 2000
That would be my choice as well. Stick with 2002 & newer, 00-01 had the crank bearing issues. I've heard horror stories about the pol 900, its a gret deal for a reason :)
If you decide spend a little more let me know,
I'll be selling my. 07 dragon For 3500. Mine is far from stock though, spobably not what your looking for.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Ive been doing a lot of reading on the 900. Seems they are hit and miss. Couple guys have said 1 in 3 ran right. Most of the issues came down to the clutches were balanced bad from the factory. So if the clutch is replaced before it takes out the crank you are in ok shape. Also the motor mounts are weak. Not designed for the torque of the 900. They do make a aftermarket motor mount and the 06 mounts are supposed to be better. Both of those items have been taken care of on this sled. They are damn good looking to. But with my luck......I better stay clear.

Ya...I dont need one thats hopped up. Im sure a stock 800 will be more than I ever need.

If I get one.....we better plan a trip!

MattL

So... what is a good entry trail/backcountry sled. Cheaper and reliable is the best for what im looking for.