Any wordworkers out there willing to help a brother out?

sixstringsteve

I'm building a set of drawers for my van. I'm copying this setup.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/47516-LATEST-PROJECT-Truck-Drawers-Sleeping-Platform

I sold my table saw a while back, and it's the only piece I'm missing for this project. Does anyone here have a table saw they'd be willing to help cut some pieces for me? I'll bring the pizza.:)

This is the step I'm stuck at:
IMG_1191.JPG

I have the wood I need for the drawers, but I'm unsure how I want to join the frame at 90*. I'm thinking a dado or even simple butt joints. I'm open to suggestions.

Tools I have to do this at home:
skill saw
band saw
hand sander
router (not set up in a table right now)

I'd love any advice and/or tips, Living a minimalist life doesn't lend itself well to projects.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Awesome, thanks. If I can't find someone closer I'll probably take you up on that. Thank you. Are you set up to do dados?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
My time depends on the week. This week I'm open Tuesday. Next week Tuesday or maybe Thursday. I'll send you my number and we can work something out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixstringsteve

Hah. I won't put you through that abuse again.

I've got 4 of the 6 drawer slides working right now. I'll have all 6 done by tonight, then I need to make the inner drawers and latches and catches (still not sure how I'll do that part).
1461723073078-1840180630.jpg

Last edited:

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Hah. I won't put you through that abuse again.

I've got 4 of the 6 drawer slides working right now. I'll have all 6 done by tonight, then I need to make the inner drawers and latches and catches (still not sure how I'll do that part).
View attachment 104591

I'm happy to help. I'll have time Thurs or Fri nights this week, or Sat afternoon. I have had a few ideas on the catches for the drawers.

sixstringsteve

I'm happy to help. I'll have time Thurs or Fri nights this week, or Sat afternoon. I have had a few ideas on the catches for the drawers.

I really appreciate the offer, but i feel terrible that I stayed so long last time. I think I'm almost caught up on sleep now. :)

I was thinking of doing the latches like a house door, with the spring-loaded doohickey that goes into the plate. I just don't know what I'd use instead of the doorknob.

I sure like the way arb does their handle/latches. I wonder if I could find a similar part.