Anybody experienced with Sprinters?

Tonkaman

We've got a MB badged Freightliner for a work van. From what I understand MB badges didn't fit well with the "image" of my employer so they were removed and replaced. I can't drive it and have only been in it once to check on some computer stuff but I was very impressed. Its got a long desk installed with a 2 computer workstations. In the back there is a loading ramp for a modular server rack that houses 3 servers, 48 TB worth of "network" storage, backup power, and array of external cameras, and switches to connect it all. There is an AC unit on the roof and a diesel generator mounted in the back. The cab is pretty spartan but while I was scoping it all out I was picturing where I'd put my refrigerator, the bed would go there, TV was already mounted in a good spot.

Dang that's some serious equipment! Is that something they use for surveillance?

sixstringsteve

Derek, see that sprinter outside your window? Now might be a good time to stop that "side business" you've got going on. ;)

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Dang that's some serious equipment! Is that something they use for surveillance?

No, my office doesn't do surveillance. We use it as a "mobile computer lab" to help on different search warrants when we're asked. I don't do that kind of stuff anymore though, I just support the guys that do and make sure that the servers and network stuff is working right. Or in the case of the van figure out how to get it to do the stuff they want it to do.