anybody have experience with a facebook business page?

pELYgroso

'Merica
After the craziness yesterday, I really want to ramp up Stealthgear's production, awareness, and hopefully sales. I really feel that more people should carry responsibly. Having said that, one of the things that I've been meaning to do is start a facebook page for stealthgear. Is there anything that any of you have done on one that is beneficial? I'll get working on it and post a link to it once its online.

Thanks in advance!

blznnp

my wife has gotten the majority of her photography business due to facebook to get her name out there, and then of course word of mouth once the facebookers had her do work for them, also gotten work from other photographers that have seen her work on facebook and had to turn down a job.

pELYgroso

'Merica
cool, thanks guys! And thanks for that link! :D I'll see how it goes. I've read articles saying that facebook is zero worth the time, and others saying that if you do it right, it can pay-off. I don't want to be married to my computer, so I'm looking for a halfway decent ROI (of my time) with forums, facebook, etc. I'll give it a shot! Do you guys think that if I do "giveaways" for people liking and sharing my page it would help? ....I guess that's a dumb question. I'll probably do one in January. I'll announce it here, too. Even those of you who have already liked and shared it can share it again and it will count....I'll keep you posted.

blznnp

Facebook has set up some new things though where fan sites or business sites have to pay to promote so you can't reach everyone who likes your page. My wife has like 2000 people who like hers, but since she doesn't pay, only 500 or so see it. So if you want it to be real big on Facebook, you might want to pay, but that all depends how fast it grows

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
We have made quite a few sales on the AllJeep Facebook page we update it once or twice a week with some sort of promotion and I have gotten probably 4 orders off of there for virtually no time invested, ecspecially since I am on facebook anyways

Houndoc

We have one, gets some info out there but I don't think has done anything to directly help business. But of course all types businesses are different and since we do not do any online business I can see why it helps us less.