Anybody here ever quit smoking?

J-mobzz

even a 40% success rate is a huge success when it comes to quitting this stuff.
I grew up in the 90’s man I smoked and so did everyone else it seems at one point or another. Quitting sucks.

honestly it was just a completely unneeded and obviously not funny post on my end pointing out how rediculos it sounds to non LDS people when the LDS church is referred to as “the church” by its members.

It’s a big world out there with lots of amazing open minded kind people.

J-mobzz

I always refer to it as "the church" to fellow Utah peeps and other people that know I'm a member. I didn't know that bugged people...

Should I always refer to my Jeep as "the 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country" so people know what I'm talking about when I say "the Jeep"??? :rofl:

If its parked next to 100's of other jeeps and you wan to refer to yours as "The Jeep" go for it. Im sure everyone know yours is the only true jeep in the lot so there shouldn't be any consideration taken that it may be confusing or arrogant to assume yours is the only one.

J-mobzz

Anyways Jokes aside I know everyone is just trying to help. I unfortunately don't have much feedback as myself any everyone else I know that has quit just did it for themselves and while outside support may have played a roll I was just over smoking and wanted to be done.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Sure, if it was real. A 100% success rate for completing a seven day "program" is infomercial snakeoil BS.

I'm not a church member (at least actively, never have been), and I know nothing about their program, and maybe it's not a 100% success rate, but it if helps anyone out, I wouldn't classify it as snakeoil BS.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
If its parked next to 100's of other jeeps and you wan to refer to yours as "The Jeep" go for it. Im sure everyone know yours is the only true jeep in the lot so there shouldn't be any consideration taken that it may be confusing or arrogant to assume yours is the only one.
Sorry, I deleted my comment- I thought before you replied. I guess context is key. FWIW it definitely doesn't come from a place of arrogance, at least when it comes to anybody I know. But whatever

J-mobzz

I'm not a church member (at least actively, never have been), and I know nothing about their program, and maybe it's not a 100% success rate, but it if helps anyone out, I wouldn't classify it as snakeoil BS.

I think the joke was that it has 100% success rate for those that complete all the steps. Obviously not smoking is a step. Any plan to stop smoking where not smoking is a step would have a 100% success rate for people that follow it. #Science

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I think the joke was that it has 100% success rate for those that complete all the steps. Obviously not smoking is a step. Any plan to stop smoking where not smoking is a step would have a 100% success rate for people that follow it. #Science

:rofl:
Trust me.. I got "the joke"

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've quit more things than I want to admit and just having the resolve to be done and move on is really the key. Quitting soda, fast food, Facebook, lieing, smoking, drinking, fighting, cheating on your spouse, it's all about will power and determination. I've never quit a desert race and that inverse is basically the same thing.

shortstraw8

Something like only 40% of people who take it follow all of the steps for all 7 days, but of those that do, 100% quit.

Im not sure if this is the same one the missionaries gave to my mom that hung on the fridge for my brothers and I, something with cinnamon gum and mouthwash and all that. If it is it did not work for me twice or my older brother, I guess you could say it worked for my oldest brother who chews again instead of smokes. All it took was a few days maybe a week after for me to pick it back up again. It id help me find that cinnamon gum and smoking was a terrible combination.