Anybody interested on building on an acre in Bluffdale?

pELYgroso

'Merica
I'm thinking about developing some land and I know of some I can pick up for a reasonable deal. Bluffdale will allow 1 acre lots in this area, no smaller. If I do it, I'd like to have cool neighbors. I might have as many as 4-5 lots. Any takers? :)

ozzy702

I'm thinking about developing some land and I know of some I can pick up for a reasonable deal. Bluffdale will allow 1 acre lots in this area, no smaller. If I do it, I'd like to have cool neighbors. I might have as many as 4-5 lots. Any takers? :)

How much does a home cost to build per sq/ft these days? Decent quality, nothing cheap and dirty.

I'm curious what your acre ran you?
$184k
I’d love to but I’m afraid I wouldn’t like all of you as neighbors. I love being around fellow wheelers but don’t want my neighbors’ back yards to look like junkyards either. It’s a fine line lol
I’m in a moderate HOA subdivision... it’s cheap at $35/month and includes secondary water, but I’m still a bit torn on it... keeps the area all looking nice, but annoying on many aspects... like what and how many plants to have, trailers only parked on concrete, etc

We were about $105.40/sqft with many upgrades.

ozzy702

Please get me some info as well. I'm assuming that building a large (potentially tall) shop wouldn't be a problem in this location?

pELYgroso

'Merica
I'm not sure this is going to work out. They are asking too much for the land to make it worth it I think. I would end up with 2 "ready to build" lots of about 1.15 acres and one lot of exactly 1 acre that has an old house, garage, and shop on it. The clean slate lots would have to be about $400k each (ready to build) to make the numbers work which seems high, although I look at what houses on 1 acre are going for in the area and maybe it's not. A 4000 sq ft. house built by a contractor would run $400k-ish or if you build it yourself, maybe a little less. That makes the finished house about $800k give or take. You can get a slightly older but good shape home for quite a bit less than that. What do you guys think?

James, if you got your acre for $185k ready to build, that seems like a SMOKIN deal.

ozzy702

I'm not sure this is going to work out. They are asking too much for the land to make it worth it I think. I would end up with 2 "ready to build" lots of about 1.15 acres and one lot of exactly 1 acre that has an old house, garage, and shop on it. The clean slate lots would have to be about $400k each (ready to build) to make the numbers work which seems high, although I look at what houses on 1 acre are going for in the area and maybe it's not. A 4000 sq ft. house built by a contractor would run $400k-ish or if you build it yourself, maybe a little less. That makes the finished house about $800k give or take. You can get a slightly older but good shape home for quite a bit less than that. What do you guys think?

James, if you got your acre for $185k ready to build, that seems like a SMOKIN deal.

Yeah, that sounds way high. :(