Anybody wanna help me destroy a set of wheels?

RogueJeepr

Here!
Im sure someone in the lowrider community or previous owner has the special wrench to pull those off.
I can make a call just don't bogger em' up. Be patient.

RogueJeepr

Here!
This should help.
The drivers side are normal threads (righty-tightey---lefty-loosey) and the passenger side are the opposite (right-handthread).
PB blast it .

blznnp

what about taking the tool that you have, welding on some sides to make a makeshift socket, then weld on a piece with a square hole so a 1/2" or 3/4" drive breaker bar can be inserted in. None of my lowrider friends had much issues with getting them off so I don't know any tricks, other than just pounding away.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Not sure but I vaguely remember some of those being left handed threads........I could be wrong and probably am but its worth a try

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I'll give you a text after 5ish.

3073014.jpg

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
ITS FUNNY THAT EVERYONE HAS A SOLUTION BUT IF THEY HAD READ THE WHOLE POST THEY WOULD HAVE SEEN THEIR SOLUTION HAD ALREADY BEEN TRIED... LOL

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
UPDATE

Wayne came down to my house, borrowed tool in hand. Unlike the horrible one I was given, this one looks like it might actually work. We eagerly set to work. After a little more than an hour of hammering, spraying WD40, more hammering, more WD40, lifting the nose off the ground, more hammering, more WD40, dropping the nose back down, more hammering, more WD40, more hammering...

... we managed to remove one and a half of the wheels.
banghead.gif

We managed to remove the left rear and its adapter, so we bolted on one of the Camaro wheels. The left front wheel did finally release its wheel nut, but a few of the lug nuts are putting up a fight so the adapter is still in place. We put the stupid wheel back on the car just so it can rest on its tires rather than sit on a floor jack (or jack stands) for a few days.

I'll make another effort in a couple days. In the mean time, I'll be buying a can of PB Blaster to see if I can loosen things up a bit.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Did you try WD40? What about maybe a tool specifically for the job, that is broken and doesn't fit right?