Anyone have a really small trailer I could borrow?

reddman

Fabber
I have a crazy idea about towing my bare chassis down to Alabama behind my Civic Hybrid, and I'm looking for an uber-light trailer to carry it on. It weighs just over 400 lbs, I'm hoping to find a rediculously light trailer to keep the total hauled weight under 500 or 600 lbs.

I'm headed down there to build a KOH (King of the Hammers) race car at Blue Torch Fab within the next month, and figured while I'm there I might as well try to finish some of the fabricated plate on my belly while I have access to a plasma table.

I would need it for about 2 months, that's how long I'll be down there. I have a little axle now, but I don't think I'll have the time to build a trailer around it.

Maybe we could work out a little fab trade work if anyone can help me out.

Thanks,

-Redd

Last edited:

reddman

Fabber
Bolt the axle to the chassis, bolt a hitch to the front.

Make the chassis the trailer
That was the original plan, but I don't want to weld spring hangers and a hitch to it because I plan on keeping the chassis bare metal, and anywhere it's been welded on, even if it's ground off, shows up over time.
whaaaatttt bare chassis would that be?????

:D

My willys finally! It's top secret for now, but once I get a little more done at BTF I'll start my build thread.

I'll give a parts list at least:
3.8 Supercharged Buick V6 (1997, so 260 HP stock from what I hear)
700R4
Atlas 3.0 with shorty output
60/70 with 5.86's
SAW coilovers
42" TSL's (one day to be SX's)
Lots of fabricated plate
With the suspension bottomed out, the top of the hood should be 1" lower than the top of the tires, it should be retardedly low.

rollover

I believe your only held to your own states laws as far as trailers go on regs. Single Axel under 700lbs no reg required isn't it. If a state along the way pushed it you'd have to buy a trip permit for that state only.
JM2C

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I have a crazy idea about towing my bare chassis down to Alabama behind my Civic Hybrid, and I'm looking for an uber-light trailer to carry it on. It weighs just over 400 lbs, I'm hoping to find a rediculously light trailer to keep the total hauled weight under 500 or 600 lbs.

I'm headed down there to build a KOH (King of the Hammers) race car at Blue Torch Fab within the next month, and figured while I'm there I might as well try to finish some of the fabricated plate on my belly while I have access to a plasma table.

I would need it for about 2 months, that's how long I'll be down there. I have a little axle now, but I don't think I'll have the time to build a trailer around it.

Maybe we could work out a little fab trade work if anyone can help me out.

Thanks,

-Redd

This guy does amazing tube work..... I would recommend him to ANYONE

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I believe your only held to your own states laws as far as trailers go on regs. Single Axel under 700lbs no reg required isn't it. If a state along the way pushed it you'd have to buy a trip permit for that state only.
JM2C

I have seen big BBQs trailed all over with out tags. Bolt on some grates and call its a grill.