Anyone have an 8mm video tape player?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I found a couple old 8mm video tapes, I'd like to see what's on them. One might be blank, the other has a label that reads "Moab March 1998". :D If it's interesting enough, I'll send it in somewhere and have it converted to digital--but I'd like to check it out first to see if it's worth doing. Anyone have anything that can play these things? An old camcorder or something.....

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
What do 8mm tapes look like? I have an old camcorder, but I haven't used it in YEARS.

**Edit** Mine is a mini DV, so I don't think that is the same as 8MM.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I have a mini dv tape somewhere in my basement from Moab ‘02 that has a topless girl fight by the Ramada pool. I kind of want my kids or grand kids to find it when I’m long gone.
Oh man, you ever hike up the canyon right by potato-salad-hill and hang out there for a while around 2000 - 2003? There were some local nudists that frequent that spot... not a care in the world.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Oh man, you ever hike up the canyon right by potato-salad-hill and hang out there for a while around 2000 - 2003? There were some local nudists that frequent that spot... not a care in the world.
Nope but some really gross local girl my friends would hang with took them to an alleged nudist spot on the river. Did I mention she was gross? Haha

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Nope but some really gross local girl my friends would hang with took them to an alleged nudist spot on the river. Did I mention she was gross? Haha
Probably the same spot. They would hang out at the waterfall spots on the river up the canyon. Mothers would run around to cover the eyes on the kids when they showed up. It was awkward