Anyone in construction? Looking for some tyvek

Rock Taco

Sorry about the delayed response. I can get the house wrap for about 90 bucks a roll. It's about because of tax. I have ordered it I hope to have it this week.

ozzy702

Sorry about the delayed response. I can get the house wrap for about 90 bucks a roll. It's about because of tax. I have ordered it I hope to have it this week.

That's awesome so about 60 cents a foot? Assuming this is the tyvek that everyone is using for the backpacking tarps and ground cloths count me in for 50ft at that price. Thanks!

Edit: If this is the same stuff as Zpacks sells for their tyvek ground cloths they weigh about 6 grams per square ft.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

from zpacks website:

Tyvek "Home Wrap" is an ideal material for ground sheets. It is waterproof, and very abrasion and puncture resistant.

This material is white on one side, with a blue and red Tyvek logo printed on the other side.

Tyvek comes on a 9 foot wide roll.

I'm 99% sure it's the same stuff.

ozzy702

Any update? Steve, did you figure out what you want? I'm down with the home wrap stuff. I just need durable ground sheets and I may have it serve double duty as a poncho/tarp for my solo stuff.

ozzy702

I want to do a multi-use, footprint/poncho/ mini tarp kind of setup in addition to a few footprints. Please keep me updated guys! Steve I'm looking forward to your MYOG shelter!

D

Deleted member 12904

Did anyone ever end up buying a roll that has some extra they want to sell?