Anyone involved in CSA Programs?

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Is anyone involved (members or farmers) in these types of programs? We are members of a local Organic CSA farm here in Southern Utah and love all the different things we get weekly in our share at the farmers market.

We normally get enough fruits, vegetables and eggs to cook almost entirely organic foods through out the week from our shares. We have been trying to find another local supplier of organic grass fed beef and poultry but is pretty difficult to find down here.

We have been working with www.bar10beef.com for our beef but they are out or our "normal" package until September. So does anyone buy local in the Northern Utah area for beef and poultry that is not injected or fed hormones, growth-promoting additives, or antibiotics? We would love to expand some on our suppliers of healthy natural beef and poultry, while keeping our money "local". What say you?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
We occasionally participate in Bountiful Baskets, but not weekly anymore. When we started then produce was great, but over time it just stopped being as good. Now we basically get the bread, which is fantastic, in bulk and wait until its out to go again.
I would like to get fresh meat and eggs though. I'll have to check out that Bar 10 place.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
I had never heard of bountiful baskets before, Sounds interesting. I'm having a hard time getting some of their site to show, Would you recommend it or is it not worth the money? The bread is something we would be interested in for sure. It looks like there is a few choices in this area, maybe we will try it out. :)

muleskinner

I have about dozen laying hens at the house in Stansbury. We get between 8-12 eggs a day. I absolutely HATE it when I forget to bring eggs to the Beaver home. Regular store bought eggs taste like shit.

We usually grow a garden, but the Deer eat everything that sprouts up around here.

I drew a cow tag for the Beaver unit and cant wait to fill the freezer with a nice young Elk.

I'll have to see what type of programs they have out here.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
this is the second time today this has come up for me, first was this morning talking to someone in Charlotte, NC. :confused:

anyway. I'm all for it. I'd love to have something like that out here. :/