ARB setup

yakinaked

Everyone I've ever talked to that knows anything about them says "don't do it yourself - take to a good shop that has experience with them" That's exactly what I'm going to do when I do my ARB up front. I like working on my rig myself, but I know when something may be over my head (half way into a project sometimes, but whatever:rolleyes: ).

Craig S

Commando
Relax, ARB installations are difficult but not overwheming. The instructions are good, but who follows instructions? Give me a call and I'll walk you through what I do.

Craig 801 367 1395

Everyone I've ever talked to that knows anything about them says "don't do it yourself - take to a good shop that has experience with them" That's exactly what I'm going to do when I do my ARB up front. I like working on my rig myself, but I know when something may be over my head (half way into a project sometimes, but whatever:rolleyes: ).

yakinaked

I guess I'm just a wuss when it comes to anything with TEETH :eek: That's awesome of you to offer him your help.

richpblaze

Whatever

I did mine my self, first time setting up gears. I was easier than the rear Detroit. Just follow instruction step by step and you'll be fine.

1993yj

Following the instructions are key to ARB setups. ARB's get a bad rap sometimes from folks who didn't follow the instructions exactly. At my house we have done 7 in our garage and they have all worked like they should.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Following the instructions are key to ARB setups. ARB's get a bad rap sometimes from folks who didn't follow the instructions exactly. At my house we have done 7 in our garage and they have all worked like they should.

x5
Read the directions front to back before you even start. Do it when you can concentrate, not while watching TV. Then go after it, follow the directions step by step, don't leave anything out and you should be fine.

One thing that doesn't get mentioned in the instructions, is carrier preload and how much to use. I put as much as I can without damaging the shims. I'll even take a spreader, spread the case and still put quite a bit of preload.

The more preload you give it, the better. If you spread the case, don't spread it too much and ruin the housing. But if you do put that much preload in there, it pre-torques the housing. This will keep the pinion from deflecting off of the ring gear and the case from being able to flex and brake in half.