Jeep Are any of the Teraflex coils progressive?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've added some heavier parts to the rear of my JK 2 door (Tera rear bumper, Teraflex Alta rack) and I'm needing more spring rate in the rear. It rides well and sits level with just me in the Jeep, but the rear sags quickly after adding people/cargo.

I currently have the Mopar Performance 2" lift on my 2015 JK Rubicon. It gave me just a tad more than 3" of lift when new. I'm looking for new coils that would provide a similar amount of lift, but with a higher or progressive spring rate.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The Outback springs lift around 3.5", FYI. You've ridden in my JKU, not sure if you could tell how much stiffer they were than lighter springs, but its significant. For a loaded up Jeep, they're great.

DAA

Not any help, but I love the AEV progressive springs on my LJ. Soft ride empty handles heavy loads well. Better than the two sets of heavy OME rear springs I ran and sagged out all to crap before them.

After almost ten years the rears did lose about 5/8 so I replaced them with the same springs again. Fronts are still sitting where they were when new.

Don't know what they have for JKs.

- DAA

-

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
FWIW cbryson's 2 door JK has the 4 door Rubicon Recon springs on it. It still rides nice and sits decent. Not sure if a 2" lift rear spring for a 4 door might be worth considering?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Not any help, but I love the AEV progressive springs on my LJ. Soft ride empty handles heavy loads well. Better than the two sets of heavy OME rear springs I ran and sagged out all to crap before them.

After almost ten years the rears did lose about 5/8 so I replaced them with the same springs again. Fronts are still sitting where they were when new.

Don't know what they have for JKs.

- DAA

-
I've heard they offer progressive springs for the JK's as well. I may just go that way.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
FWIW cbryson's 2 door JK has the 4 door Rubicon Recon springs on it. It still rides nice and sits decent. Not sure if a 2" lift rear spring for a 4 door might be worth considering?

That was my first thought, as I know the 4 door lift kit only differs from my 2 door lift kit by higher spring rate in the rear. I'll have to see if I can find the part number for the rear springs on that kit.