Are Riding Lawn Mowers Phat?

1969honda

Supporting Member
This is where I'm at. Maybe I just buy another Honda walk behind and roll with that. I'd rather put zero turn $ in other places. A sub $1000 rider seems like a decent fit? If I have to still have a walk behind, I think I'll just spend the extra time (15 extra minutes in my case?) with each mowing.

If a lawn tractor can push snow, maybe I can build a better case for the lawn tractor (I'm sure a 4x4 ATV would be the thing to have there). The snow blower I got from @BCGPER will handle most anything I've run across.

If it's really only about 15-20 minutes of time savings, I would save the $ for other fun projects.

I've had a craftsman rider for maybe 25 years that just wouldn't die. I replaced it last year with a few year old scag standon zero turn that was an ex-landscaper machine. It is literally shocking how much better the cut quality is on the pro mower. I don't know if everything has just gotten better in the last two decades or if the pro stuff is just way better than consumer - probably a bit of both.