Atlas or Stak

redrockcrawler

earth rover 2012
OK guys that have these cases.I need a new case and i would love to have the gearing that the Stak has. I don't know about the reliability which is what i would like to know about if any of you guys have a stak mini 3-speed i would like to here from you.If i can't get any pro's i might have to just get the Atlas

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I have been happy with my stak 3 spd. No problems. I bought it before the 4 spd atlas came out plus because of the money difference at the time which was about 500 bucks

Erik d_lux

My Stak is cool.

I had problems figuring out my stall speed in my trans. Some people told me it was my diff gearing that was giving me problems so I switched them out. That made my 3:1 useless.

I wish I could go back to 4:10 again for free. That would make the 3:1, 4:3 much better. Ideally I would want something a bit higher than a 3:1 too. something like 2.5:1 and 4.3:1 would be much better.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
My Stak is cool.

I had problems figuring out my stall speed in my trans. Some people told me it was my diff gearing that was giving me problems so I switched them out. That made my 3:1 useless.

I wish I could go back to 4:10 again for free. That would make the 3:1, 4:3 much better. Ideally I would want something a bit higher than a 3:1 too. something like 2.5:1 and 4.3:1 would be much better.

I left my gears @ 4.10's with my 5.4 to 1 and 3 to 1. I pretty much just switch between those two unless I'm bombing down the dirt road

Erik d_lux

I left my gears @ 4.10's with my 5.4 to 1 and 3 to 1. I pretty much just switch between those two unless I'm bombing down the dirt road
Yeah, 3:1 and 4.10 was pretty good for high speed stuff. Just a touch low. I would say I could do about 55mph with that setup. Having a top speed of 75 or so would be perfect.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I have an Atlas 4.3 and will go atlas again when the time comes. I have no experience with Stak, but I tend to stick with what works for me and AA has been around for a long time. I've never had the need for anything other than 2 speeds, but that's my opinion and experience. :)

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I know this is stak conversation but i run the 4spd atlas behind a 700r4 with 4.56s and 40" tires. I did the 2.7, 3.8 and 10+. I use the 2.72 and 3.8 a lot but the 10+ is nice on cracks and such where falling in would suck...

broncofntc

I put the Stak 3 speed mini in my bronco. I got the 4.3:1-2.6:1 with an auto trans and 4.56 diffs I like the gearing. 2.6 for the trail and then drop down for control on obstacles. I've only had it in for about a year now but no real issues.

My main reason for going with the Stak was that it fit between the Broncos narrow frame.