Auto log off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick B

S.E. Utah Native
Well, I hadn't been on here in nearly a year because I was dumped (logged off automatically), since I never actually log off this made no sense to me. Got back on here again today with a totally different ISP I've had for months and had it happen again within 10 minutes. So whatever was going on is apparently still happening, and it has only happened here. It will likely be a long time before I am on this site again, if ever. I definitely have better things to do with my time.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Hi Rick,

Will you try clearing the cache in your browser and then try loging back in? Also - are you checking the "remember me" box when you log in?

Sorry for the dumb questions, it's usually the best way to start troubleshooting an issue.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I also have the same issue, on any pc anywhere I am. Even if I click to keep logged in..

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
In looking for a solution, I have found this post from a vB developer:

vBulletin really has no control over cookies. The RFC demands that the cookies be maintained by the user agent (e.g. the browser). If the user agent deletes the cookies or they get corrupted on the end user's machine then they will get logged out, even with remember me checked.

My guess is that the cookie path is incorrect and the user agent is not keeping track of the cookies properly.

Regardless, I'm still looking further into the issue.

Also be sure that you have cookies enabled in your browsers. That is how you remain logged on.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I was finally able to replicate this issue on my laptop. The problem is that we have done software updates and it may have changed some session variable in the cookies of your browser for security purposes.

To fix this problem you need to clear all cookies, cache and active logins in your browser.

In Firefox under Tools -> Clear Recent History "time range to clear" select Everything, then uncheck all except for Cookies, Cache and Active Logins.

In IE 8 or similar under Safety -> Delete Browsing History: Select Temporary Internet Files & Cookies.

This should resolve the problem as it has solved it for me.
Thanks.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
I was having this problem for awhile now. But it was only this site. I thought i was on too much lol. Did what you said to do. We will see if it works.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Hi Rick,

Will you try clearing the cache in your browser and then try loging back in? Also - are you checking the "remember me" box when you log in?

Sorry for the dumb questions, it's usually the best way to start troubleshooting an issue.

I'm guessing he didn't get your note here. After all, he does have better things to do with his time. :rolleyes:

What could be better then surfing RME?

Status
Not open for further replies.