Auto or Manual

Bone Down

PierCed_3 said:
My Jeep kinda has that effect with it's ratcheting shifter. I can shift it into any gear I want on the fly..... sometimes that is a bad thing. I have shifted it into reverse on accident right after I got done with my install. The bad thing about it was I was doing 55 mph :D. All the sudden my rear end started shaking and my tires were squeeling, I don't ever want that to happen again.

guy that i know just did this same thing about a month agon in a 71 jimmy, blew the rear end up, and I think it took out the tranny as well, you are lucky, he was only doing 40 on an off street.

Bone Down

I'llpullyaout said:
anybody know if it's possible to get a tranny for a wheeler that is like the newer sporty cars with auto AND the manual that only requires you to bump the stick up or down to shift?? THAT would be sweet.....the best of both worlds.
This college student is working on several different options; including a steering wheel with the paddle shifters mounted to it.

awshifting.com

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
That's what happens when you are trying things out for the first time... you figure out what you can and can't do. The Shifter wasn't setup correctly so when I ratcheted from 1 to 2, to 3, then to 4... instead of going to fourth gear it instead went past neutral to reverse... like I said... I never want that to happen AGAIN :).