Axle ends???

jdub

Scrambler
I'm having a hard time finding out what the end caps(ones you find on a full floater) are called. I want to buy some for my dana 44.

I see Big rigs with their selectable hubs removed and a simple permanent fixture added.

Any Ideas what they are called so I can better use google?
:confused:

Corban_White

Using these on a street driven rig would cause the drivetrain to rotate back to the T-case but no other adverse effects not associated with the free-wheeling axle and driveshaft, correct?

Chevycrew

For a cheap fix. the jeep cherokee and wagoneer (fullsize) came with some from the factory. I carry these as trail spares if I break a hub.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Using these on a street driven rig would cause the drivetrain to rotate back to the T-case but no other adverse effects not associated with the free-wheeling axle and driveshaft, correct?

No different from a non-lockout hub.

The cool thing is that you can remove these gears fairly quickly and put the caps back on. The snap rings are easily removable without special tools and the gears come right out... so if you were inclined to not run the gears for a period of time it's not really a problem. :)

100_6682-%5B800x600%5D.JPG

100_6685-%5B800x600%5D.JPG

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
No different from a non-lockout hub.

The cool thing is that you can remove these gears fairly quickly and put the caps back on. The snap rings are easily removable without special tools and the gears come right out... so if you were inclined to not run the gears for a period of time it's not really a problem. :)

100_6682-%5B800x600%5D.JPG

100_6685-%5B800x600%5D.JPG

They've got 35 spline D60 versions of those if anyone's wondering. LOVE mine. :D They're a little on the scratched side, though.