Back into roofing...logo feedback

pELYgroso

'Merica
Well, after about 7 years doing solely roofing, then building up StealthGearUSA and selling it, and 2 years building up TacWare, I'm now taking over my roofing company again so my dad can retire. He's had a roofing company for over 40 years. Anyways, I'm still running (and growing) TacWare with the help of my great wife, and now am in the captain's chair of Prestige Roofing again. So if any of you have any roofing needs, let me know!

I've gone through dozens of variations of the roofing logo and finally came up with one that I'm pretty happy with. I just thought I'd put it out there to see if any of you guys have any "final tweak" suggestions before I get cards and signs, etc. made.

The eagle pays homage to my dad's original logo, although it is very much modernized from his hand drawn logo. I'm going for somewhat of a "home protection" feel and drew up the house with some perspective dimension to hopefully give it some depth.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Thanks in advance.
Tyler

logo 4.png

Pile of parts

Boats, ho's and roofing???

Give me a call (about the roofing) I have a boat and the wife wouldn't approve of the other.

I'm getting bids on my shop. I'm ready now and want to beat the weather, as I'm sure, you do.

Jason 801-641-7451

johnsonbz

So,first off, I like the logo. When it comes to design things like this, I have to go with what I first see. It took me a little too long to see that it was an eagle wing...My brain tried to reconcile a wave or something. Eagle wing makes sense, perhaps just a little more detail in the wing...feather contours in the shape of shingles or something. This is just my honest feedback- don't want to rub you the wrong way, as I will have need of some roofing help in the near future.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
If it were me I would go for a colored/illustrated logo, with realistic eagle head and wing colors, to maximize the effect you're trying to show. Right now with it all black I don't immediately know that it's supposed to be an eagle wing off first glance.

I like the layout of it but needs some contrast between the eagle and house.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I think it looks great, Tyler!

But I think you should change the name to Prestige Worldwide Roofing!

Thanks! PWR sounds good, but a little more corporate sounding than what we are. Thanks for the suggestion though!

It makes me feel like America is going to watch over my shingles.

Sweet, the patriotic eagle is part of what I also like about it.

Boats, ho's and roofing???

Give me a call (about the roofing) I have a boat and the wife wouldn't approve of the other.

I'm getting bids on my shop. I'm ready now and want to beat the weather, as I'm sure, you do.

Jason 801-641-7451

text sent

So,first off, I like the logo. When it comes to design things like this, I have to go with what I first see. It took me a little too long to see that it was an eagle wing...My brain tried to reconcile a wave or something. Eagle wing makes sense, perhaps just a little more detail in the wing...feather contours in the shape of shingles or something. This is just my honest feedback- don't want to rub you the wrong way, as I will have need of some roofing help in the near future.

I appreciate the feedback. This is the one thing that has been the hardest, and I don't disagree with you. I tried to add some detail to the wing but nothing that I've tried looks right. The eagle/wing have come really far from my first drawings. The overall look of the logo is bold/modern which I like, so adding much detail looks weird with the rest of the bold, clean lines. I'll try a few things though....thanks!

pELYgroso

'Merica
If it were me I would go for a colored/illustrated logo, with realistic eagle head and wing colors, to maximize the effect you're trying to show. Right now with it all black I don't immediately know that it's supposed to be an eagle wing off first glance.

I like the layout of it but needs some contrast between the eagle and house.

I see what you mean. One of the reasons that I made it one color and less detail is so that it will embroider well onto shirts, etc. and won't be too busy on a business card. I'm typically drawn more to single color, less busy logos. I did try to add some color to the eagle but with the mono-color house, it clashed pretty bad IMO. Maybe I'll make the whole thing brown which is the color of an eagle to hopefully make it easier to distinguish as an eagle.....stand by.....

Caleb

I’ve got a roofing need. I’ve got a bunch of wind damage that I need to get repaired. I had insurance come take a look and they quoted it at something like 27 squares. I’ve been debating on waiting until it’s warm so the roof can seal properly. Anyways, I’d love to have you come or and take a look.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I’ve got a roofing need. I’ve got a bunch of wind damage that I need to get repaired. I had insurance come take a look and they quoted it at something like 27 squares. I’ve been debating on waiting until it’s warm so the roof can seal properly. Anyways, I’d love to have you come or and take a look.
Is the insurance going to cover it? I'd definitely need to come take a look and measure it. I try to never give a per sq. foot price, as some roofs are more complicated than others making the "blanket" per sq. foot price have to be higher to account for more difficult homes. Are you looking for wind damage repair or a quote for a new roof? Either way, shoot me an email to info@prestigepros.com and I'll get it on the schedule. Feel free to call if there are some more details you'd like to discuss. Thanks! 801-niner 21- niner 84 niner

Caleb

I don't think you need to settle on one of them. Use them all. I personally like the black better than brown, but that's because I don't like brown much (which is funny because my entire house is browns). I like the multi-color the best though. However for a shirt, business card, etc I'd do just a single color (black probably unless the shirt was black then I'd do white). The logo looks good, I think there's a good use case for each one.