Back into roofing...logo feedback

Pike2350

I like the black logo. I'm with you on simple a one color. The only thin b I could see to distinguish the wing is just making the bottom line on the wing have some ridges like feathers. Nothing drastic, but subtle peaks and valley as if it was the silhouette of the wing.... and maybe only along the far right roof?

Another suggestion is maybe not have the neck of the eagle end in such a swoop. Maybe you could ruin it down and do the feather silhouette along the bottom . This would also help with the slightky more negative space on the left side. My wife (a graphic designer) suggested making the eye a little bigger as well.

If that doesn't look good i say stick with all black first logo as it's good. Just wondering if subtle changes would help...but without seeing them it's hard to say for sure.

Last edited:

pELYgroso

'Merica
I like the black logo. I'm with you on simple a one color. The only thin b I could see to distinguish the wing is just making the bottom line on the wing have some ridges like feathers. Nothing drastic, but subtle peaks and valley as if it was the silhouette of the wing.... and maybe only along the far right roof?

Another suggestion is maybe not have the neck of the eagle end in such a swoop. Maybe you could ruin it down and do the feather silhouette along the bottom . This would also help with the slightky more negative space on the left side. My wife (a graphic designer) suggested making the eye a little bigger as well.

If that doesn't look good i say stick with all black first logo as it's good. Just wondering if subtle changes would help...but without seeing them it's hard to say for sure.
Thanks for the reply! I'll try a couple of those things....

pELYgroso

'Merica
Here is another one with a few of the changes:
-added feathers to wing
-made the swoop at the eagle's neck more narrow
-made the feathers on the neck lower and wider (made the head overall a bit larger)
-made the eye a little bigger
I like the eagle head a little better with these subtle changes but I'm not sure about the wing. I don't want it to look homemade, and I feel like the feathers on the wing, while they make it an unmistakable wing, they may be a bit too busy for my liking.

I really appreciate all of your input!
logo 5.png

pELYgroso

'Merica
...and another with a few more adjustments to the eagle's head which I am REALLY liking, without the feathers in the wing. I think with the adjustments to the eagle head, it looks a lot more like an eagle and less like an ocean wave, so maybe the feathers in the wing aren't as needed to imply that it's a part of the bird....thoughts?logo 6.png

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
FWIW, I took note of the wing right away. A little detail in the wing couldn't hurt, but I instantly knew the message attempting to be communicated.

johnsonbz

I like it much better.... I keep toying with the thought of having the edge of the eagle wing match the pattern similar to roof shingles....I may play in Photoshop and see if I can communicate better with a mock up.. Over all, I am liking this much better than the previous one.