Backpacking chair for the obese?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I hope your hammock idea works out Nate! If you need a hammock to experiment with, I have one I will give you. I have been given a few of the parachute type over the years at work events and can easily part with one for you to play with.
Thanks for the offer Dave, I also already have a parachute type hammock and am going to try out the seat set up this weekend while out with my boys.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
So I'm going backpacking with our young men in mid July. We did this a couple years ago and I want a comfortable place to sit down after I catch all the fish (again) to tell them about it. We are only hiking like 3ish miles to base camp. I added that I'm obese to the title because those cute "backpacking" chairs won't hold me and when everyone is laughing I want it to be because of the awesome stories I'm telling and not because I bent the paperclip chair and fell on my backside. I also don't want to carry a regular camp chair.

Is carrying a hammock the best option I have? There are plenty of trees so hanging one won't be an issue.
So, not casting any judgement and I don't know how heavy "obese" is, but I'm 260 on a good day, pushing 300 when I've been lazy for too long, and my Helinox is holding up just fine for several years now.

But a hammock chair is never a bad idea either.