ballastic fab and their shipping

neagtea

Supporting Member
I wonder if the stuff is not on the shelf? They are telling you it is to close the deal. They are probably behind the curve on production. That snowball can be a killer.
Just a thought

MRJ

Just a user
BTF didn't even charge my card UNTIL the items actually shipped out, more vendors should learn from them.

I don't think it's very ethical to charge you until parts ship. If you agree to a prepay I understand. We charge 50% upfront for custom non-stock parts. But if you order our stock parts we will not charge you until they are out the door, like most respectable companies.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I don't think it's very ethical to charge you until parts ship. If you agree to a prepay I understand. We charge 50% upfront for custom non-stock parts. But if you order our stock parts we will not charge you until they are out the door, like most respectable companies.

I agree with the deposit on custom parts, but Ballistic is screwing people on some common parts. There have been several threads over the summer on Pirate about it. They will claim to have the parts on hand but 3 weeks or more will pass before they ship, all the while the card has been charged holding the buyer in limbo so they are pretty much stuck with waiting on them.

sixb

Will work for beer!
BTF didn't even charge my card UNTIL the items actually shipped out, more vendors should learn from them.

I agree with the deposit on custom parts, but Ballistic is screwing people on some common parts. There have been several threads over the summer on Pirate about it. They will claim to have the parts on hand but 3 weeks or more will pass before they ship, all the while the card has been charged holding the buyer in limbo so they are pretty much stuck with waiting on them.

Wow I completly agree with everything you said:confused::)
(Quote)
They will claim to have the parts on hand but 3 weeks or more will pass before they ship, all the while the card has been charged holding the buyer in limbo so they are pretty much stuck with waiting on them.[/QUOTE]

This almost seems criminal:mad:

idahoyj

I wonder if the stuff is not on the shelf? They are telling you it is to close the deal. They are probably behind the curve on production. That snowball can be a killer.
Just a thought

I ordered blemished parts from their Ebay site. They took over 4 weeks to ship blemished parts, its not like they weren't already on the shelf!

"Hey Bubba! Screw up another batch of those parts so we can get them shipped out on time!"

Last edited:

1995zj

I'm addicted
I don't think they really value any of their customers the way they handle thier shipping issues. I know my brother had quite the list of issues trying to get them to send out the correct hi-steer arm after they charged his card.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I have to say that they did SHIP my axle lickety-split. :D but the logo was welded on upside down. :D And one of the gusset welds was cold, no HAZ on the outside...

This is the beauty of the internet. There are companies, and they're run by people. People make mistakes, get in over their heads, excel at their business, etc. The consensus available through forums goes far in helping those that handle things right, and just as far in damning those who don't. Remember USA6x6??? :rofl:

How a company handles problems is the thing. The forums can be read and decisions about how to act, made. After that, you start seeing character showing through.

So far, Ballistic has said a bit. Let's hope they get better at backing it up. I want to see everyone succeed.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
dave was really nice to me and handled a small miscommunication very well. everyone is going to have different results of course and that's too bad

idahoyj

i should copy the email i got from dave from ballastic. he pretty much said he hates rme and all every one does is talk shit. i did finally get my shirt. i guess that shows how much they value everyone here.

I don't think they really value any of their customers the way they handle thier shipping issues. I know my brother had quite the list of issues trying to get them to send out the correct hi-steer arm after they charged his card.

When my problem originally happened, I posted on planet4x4.net about it, as it was the first problem with Ballistic that I had heard of at the time. Since then I have seen all of the other sites with similar negative posts. Dave from Ballistic created an account on planet4x4 and has made several posts in my old thread about how they care bout their customers. I understand that most of us are human and mistakes happen. (Hell I made huge mistake on a job today :() Its how you fix the mistakes that matters most because it happens to all of us.

It seems like we keep reading about the same problems over and over and over. Are all of these problems from 6-12 months ago, or does the problem still exist after 12+ months of bad posts on all of the major sites about their shipping and customer service????

Last edited:

reddman

Fabber
i should copy the email i got from dave from ballastic. he pretty much said he hates rme and all every one does is talk shit. i did finally get my shirt. i guess that shows how much they value everyone here.

I just read this and decided to read back and remind myself exactly what the exchange we had earlier in the thread was, only to realize that ballistic deleted all their posts! :ugh:

I typically wouldn't bash a vendor like that, but I really believe that some companies are just toxic for the sport they "support". Good thing I blend into a crowd and don't have to worry about getting recognized if we ever meet in person! :rofl:

1995zj

I'm addicted
It seems like we keep reading about the same problems over and over and over. Are all of these problems from 6-12 months ago, or does the problem still exist after 12+ months of bad posts on all of the major sites about their shipping and customer service????

My brother's problem was about 6 months ago I'd say. Definitely not more than 6 months. I'll see if I can get him to post up about it.

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
Update: After getting pretty ugly on the phone with them and requesting to ship what they had in stock and refunding my money for the ones they didn't have in stock, I received all the parts I had ordered, but two of the Ballistic Joints had not been plated, so may start to rust. Also, if anyone hasn't noticed, the Ballistic Joints now come unassembled. They charge you $5.00 extra to assemble the joints before they ship or you can pay $45 for the spanner tool to put them together yourself.

Do they just have so many customers that they just don't care anymore? Do they really think this isn't going to come back and bite them down the road?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Update: After getting pretty ugly on the phone with them and requesting to ship what they had in stock and refunding my money for the ones they didn't have in stock, I received all the parts I had ordered, but two of the Ballistic Joints had not been plated, so may start to rust. Also, if anyone hasn't noticed, the Ballistic Joints now come unassembled. They charge you $5.00 extra to assemble the joints before they ship or you can pay $45 for the spanner tool to put them together yourself.

Do they just have so many customers that they just don't care anymore? Do they really think this isn't going to come back and bite them down the road?

I've never ordered anything from Ballistic but with the experiences I've had with BTF or Polyperformance, I'm not sure I'd deviate from them.

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
James, I was trying to decide if I needed to buy one or try and make something that would work. Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know.

MRJ

Just a user
James, I was trying to decide if I needed to buy one or try and make something that would work. Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know.

Our tool sells for $24.99 for the large joint. I'm pretty sure it will work as the Ballistic joint is "somewhat simmilar" to ours.

I love how they are charging for assembly now. What good is it not put together unless you need to weld it to something.